Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

did anyone notice....

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
... that when you first go to marlybone they make a treasure island reference about the taverns name. the admirals endow (i think thats how they spelled it in the book) the funny thing is that the tavern in the book is in England. thats all

-jack nightgale

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
The Game makes a lot easter eggs to treasure island and the person in he Tavern was Jim Hawkins the main character from the book plus the black spot in flotsam is a pun of the book too. oh and by by the way it ws Admiral Beno

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Ruthless Caleb Gun... on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
The Game makes a lot easter eggs to treasure island and the person in he Tavern was Jim Hawkins the main character from the book plus the black spot in flotsam is a pun of the book too. oh and by by the way it ws Admiral Beno
And let's not forget the Treasure Island character Blind Pew. Remind you of someone?

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
TheDragonspyrePira... on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:
... that when you first go to marlybone they make a treasure island reference about the taverns name. the admirals endow (i think thats how they spelled it in the book) the funny thing is that the tavern in the book is in England. thats all

-jack nightgale
i need to correct you on a little something...marleybone is based off england.

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
And let's not forget the Treasure Island character Blind Pew. Remind you of someone?
Hmm... it's on the tip of my tongue. Oh yes! That helpful cat that seems to be everywhere. Even here on the message boards. *turns around, sees blind mew and screams*

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Bold Benjamin Hawk... on Dec 30, 2013 wrote:
Hmm... it's on the tip of my tongue. Oh yes! That helpful cat that seems to be everywhere. Even here on the message boards. *turns around, sees blind mew and screams*
Now That really made me laugh. Thank you for the much needed giggle.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Ruthless Caleb Gun... on Dec 28, 2013 wrote:
I did not see a Jim Hawkins in the Admiral Benbow Tavern, there is a Jim Hawkins in Jonah Town. The NPC we first talk to in the Admiral Benbow is actually Ned Land, a character taken from Jules Vern's novel 20 000 Leagues under the Sea.

Incidentally, Ned Land is a French Canadian Whaler from Quebec. Purportedly the best Harpooner in the entire world. (Je suis desole, Louis de Bisque,)

Captain
May 13, 2011
the name is the admiral benbow (though ratbeard calls it the admirals elbow)