Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A good set-up for a Privateer?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
I have a Privateer who is in Ithaca experiencing a glitch with ulysses (and waiting for a patch or response) and before i start Valencia part 2 on my privy, i want to know a good gear setup so i wont have such a problem with enemies there. ( I was doing lucky jack Russell's promotion and Scurvy Pete and his crew just DESTROYED my team)

Morgan Freeman - Level 67 Privateer

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Tower Hat
Moo Robe
Tower Boots
Nefarious staff
Soul Shroud
Tower Totem/Beastmaster banner
Purge Charm
Tower Ring
For reasons why and companions, check out my "Privateer PVP Set up in the Spar Chamber Section.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
HoodooNerd on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Tower Hat
Moo Robe
Tower Boots
Nefarious staff
Soul Shroud
Purge Charm
Tower Ring
For reasons why and companions, check out my "Privateer PVP Set up in the Spar Chamber Section.
What you mentioned is the standard privateer PVP gear set, thing is he wasn't mentioning PVP generally you auto win PVE by using
Tower hat/Anything with heal or fort
Blood Robe
Hide boots/Tower boots/Moo boots
Any will based weapon
charm mask/shroud ring
Tower totem/anything with forts or magic stuff to abuse
Tower Necklace
Tower ring
and of course always use scratch buffs

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Wow, that's quite a set-up, HoodooNerd! You must have worked hard for such excellent gear.

But more casual players won't have access to most of that gear (unless they are very, very lucky). Fortunately there is plenty of good clothing, gear, and weapons dropped in Aquila (and even more of these when you go to Valencia).

My privateer was very fortunate and acquired Axe of the Minotaur Lords, as well as the Dragon Axe of Doom. I usually prefer the Axe of the Minotaur Lords, but in Valencia I switched out to the Dragon Axe of Doom, simply because the extra attack of the former made her too susceptible to response-attacks from her foes. If you don't have these axes, I would probably recommend the Dragoon's sword or the Dragoon Autocannon, depending on your skill set.

For gear, I would suggest something with a juju (Imperator's Crown or Protector's Boots), something to give you more buffs (strength - Mighty Caesar's Caligae; agility - Ring of Bellerophon, that sort of thing), and when the enemy gets to you (because they will) something for better attacks (assassin's strike - Imperator's Panoply; super strike - Seven Lamps Amulet, etc.) A few extra healing cards also does not come amiss.

This is just what I have, but there is a lot more out there. I keep a small selection of clothing and gear in my backpack to switch around if I am having difficulty.

Finally, don't forget your pet can be very useful -- giving you grants of bladestorm, enhanced armor, enhanced dodge, first strike, and more. Pets that can heal on their own can also really save the day sometimes as well. Ask someone to morph with you if you don't have a pet with strong characteristics -- most people are nice and will do so if they have gold (and those of us in Valencia generally have plenty... before we spend it all on Companion Training tomes, that is )

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Yeah, I got pretty far on Tower stuff. Although frankly, the Admiral's Bundle is perfect for Privateers, and I'd recommend it if you're willing to spend a bit.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
HoodooNerd on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Tower Hat
Moo Robe
Tower Boots
Nefarious staff
Soul Shroud
Purge Charm
Tower Ring
Good pvp setup but wouldn't recommend it for questing.

@qwerty78202 for Valencia part 2, I would recommend using
Tower Hat
Captain Blood's Jacket (if you have it, if not then use tower robe)
Tower Boots
Bound Oni's Bulwark or Staff Of Power
Any eyepatch that gives an ability or stats
Tower Totem
Tower Charm
Tower Ring

If you're going for an offensive privy approach, replace the robe with The Arms of St Fido and the charm with Special Branch Ribbon.