Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blind Mew, Your Thoughts On Book Valencia Part 2?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Dear Blind Mew,

I recall a post in test realm section that you agreed with. You thought Book 15 was rushed just like the poster felt, but there was more to it that you wanted to say later. I just was wondering if later is now or? We are very curious to know what "more to it" is all about.

Have a great week!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Feb 19, 2010
Yeah, I would really like to see that post so you could explain what happened.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
might be waiting until more live gamers get a bit farther into the story first.. I'm sure his response will be epic though :3
stormy jen silver

Developer
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 15, 2016 wrote:
Dear Blind Mew,

I recall a post in test realm section that you agreed with. You thought Book 15 was rushed just like the poster felt, but there was more to it that you wanted to say later. I just was wondering if later is now or? We are very curious to know what "more to it" is all about.

Have a great week!
Short version: in order to wrap up arc 1 we really had to rush the storyline to a conclusion. I meant rushed in a narrative sense - the pacing got a little rapid.

There's still a lot to say. My post is coming soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blind Mew on Jun 16, 2016 wrote:
Short version: in order to wrap up arc 1 we really had to rush the storyline to a conclusion. I meant rushed in a narrative sense - the pacing got a little rapid.

There's still a lot to say. My post is coming soon.
Regardless, I'm still torn on Professor Falmea's words about Book 15 being the 1st arc's conclusion, which I still say is too soon to do it, as I grew to like the idea about having many epic battles with Kane before his real last battle in the arc's supposed true conclusion on Book 20, whereas what I've seen on Test mere days before it went Live had quickly solidified my hopes that arc 1 wasn't really done yet. Only a part in the 1st arc was about to be done, not the whole arc itself.

While we read about that in the latest Producer's Letter, most were torn severely on those words she said. There's not supposed to be a change in plans & schedule about the 1st arc since the beginning. We were looking to see it have 20 Books like you planned. I didn't even want Kane to be completely done for & not got to El Dorado at Book 15's end, nor sooner. I mean, the Pirates avenging their parents' death is not even solved yet.

I still had many questions & still felt torn apart in spite of Book 15's launch & before, why did Falmea said Book 15 would end arc 1 where we don't even want that to end at Book 15, only to really end it on Book 20? What led to that decision to do such an action, apparently tossing your original plans to do the 1st arc as we wanted it to carry out? Why was Book 15 shorter than previous Books while you had promised long Books later on?

Honestly, sudden short stories that were supposed to be planned to be told as people originally wanted always have results that make people mad, torn, &/or saddened, & would be willing to leave that shortened story behind so they would move on to better stories that properly carry out promises.

Hope we get a thorough explanation to that choice, & even hope the 1st arc's going for the division into acts system before we truly get the 2nd arc. Honestly, it's almost like a copied reflection to Dragonspyre in W101 all over again.

My apologies, Blind Mew. I'm still very torn on this outcome. Hope all this will be at ease soon.

Community Leader
I have seen a lot of people talking about these topics, so I'll ask some tough questions for Blind Mew.

1. It seems not only ironic but also terribly inconsistent that our parents would contact us twice during the entire arc to say first that we should seek them and El Dorado and then later to simply tell us to disregard their first contact. Now there's another issue - we'll inevitably travel there, so not only do we have the contradiction, we go against our parents' wishes in locating it. Why not directions forward or hints from the crystals instead?

2. Kane's defeat seem premature, even if it turns out to be temporary. His revelation of not needing the map seems sudden and irritating. You constantly talk about undoing our past achievements, and it seems like these lines of text do just that - tell us the entire game so far was worthless and all we really needed was just to come defeat Kane. If this were changed instead (all it would take is slight dialogue alterations) to simply say that Kane needn't seek out so many pieces because he was expecting us to bring ours to him in a confrontation, that'd make more sense. Why insert these lines that seem to negate an entire arc's achievements?

3. The idea that we learn the Grand Design at the END of Book 15 out of 15 seems like a poor story structure. We learn Phule's entire backstory in a few dialogue lines before the end and the whole Grand Design. Why not at least make appearances earlier in Book 15 than just before the final dungeon?

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/