Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Just a minute! I DON"T need to unbottle a ship

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2010
I've been playing far longer than 2 weeks. My character is almost level 40. I have multiple characters. There are lots of reasons to be out on the docks other than going somewhere and maybe, just maybe, I might be getting on someone else's boat to go there.

Yet every single time, boochbeard has to pop up and yell Just a minute! To get where you're going you need to unbottle a ship.

No i don't. And i don't need to be told this over and over, either.

Were I a brand new player, sure.

Can we please have some limits placed on messages like this? I understand these are messages new players (not new characters, new players) need, but after a while i'ts not necessary. We're smart enough to know if we want to go somewhere and can't find our ship, maybe we need to unbottle it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crystalwizard12345... on Feb 14, 2016 wrote:
I've been playing far longer than 2 weeks. My character is almost level 40. I have multiple characters. There are lots of reasons to be out on the docks other than going somewhere and maybe, just maybe, I might be getting on someone else's boat to go there.

Yet every single time, boochbeard has to pop up and yell Just a minute! To get where you're going you need to unbottle a ship.

Can we please have some limits placed on messages like this? I understand these are messages new players (not new characters, new players) need, but after a while i'ts not necessary. We're smart enough to know if we want to go somewhere and can't find our ship, maybe we need to unbottle it.
Go to your options screen/game play and turn off the tutorials, simple.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013

I suppose they could place a limit of 10 messages until he stops saying that

Ensign
May 12, 2011

goto your options and set the tips to critical only

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
There is an option to stop getting the messages over and over. All you have to do is go to the option menu (which you can get to by going to top of the screen and selecting OPTION from the drop down menu.)
Go to the first of the 2 joystick symbols (4th in the line of figures) and set the Tutorial Tips to - Critical only. Be sure to hit OK at the bottom to make the change

Commodore
May 31, 2009

You can change how often the tutorial tips show up through your settings. Go to options, Gameplay Options (first joystick), and set Tutorial Tips to 'Critical only'. Then hop over to Advanced Gameplay Options (second joystick), and set Hide Seen Tips to 'Yes'. This should fix your problem, because I haven't seen that particular popup in a long time. Granted, I usually have my ship equipped the majority of the time so there is no need for it to pop up. If you're sick of it, and my suggestion doesn't help, then just equip your ship. It's not going to hurt or affect anything other than you seeing it at the docks.

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012