Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let's Just Be Happy Guys!

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
When I heard there would be a new Test Realm soon, I did a little happy dance and squealed, "YAY!! UPDATE!! THANK YOU KI!!!". So I went to the Message Boards and everybody was talking about the hints and it was fun to talk with people as to what it might all mean. Maybe it's Ranked PvP, maybe it's Book 15, maybe it's a new gauntlet; who knows?

Eventually, however, over the following weeks, something became apparent. People, were pretty much demanding Book 15. Saying things like "Only Ranked and Book 15 will make this wait deserved" or "If there's no story update, I'm cancelling my subscription". Honestly, it makes me tear up inside a bit. KI worked hard to make this update happen and then a bunch of people go and say that if it doesn't meet their expectations then they're leaving. Let's be happy guys! Ranked PvP and those clandestine trainers are coming soon! Plus that ship gauntlet looks like fun! When the new update comes, let's embrace it and enjoy every aspect of it that we can! If we get Book 15 then "Hooray!" and if not, then still "Hooray!" since we have an update now. I'll admit, it's been a while since we've had a story expansion, but we can wait it out a while longer! Show the KI team our support and appreciation for everything they do!

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
I renewed my subscription. Let's see if my Musketeer floats or sinks in the ranks we shall see as for my privateer well... not so sure.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
No, I'm sorry but I just can't be supportive to this post. If this had been posted a year ago I would whole heartedly support it, but it's been over two years since a storyline update; most players have gone beyond impatient to demanding, and who can blame them?
For myself, I will continue to play and buy game cards for p101 or w101 as I can, but if there is no story in the up coming update I will be ( in the words of the FrogFather ) "Very disappointed."

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
FireMorgan13 on Jul 14, 2015 wrote:
When I heard there would be a new Test Realm soon, I did a little happy dance and squealed, "YAY!! UPDATE!! THANK YOU KI!!!". So I went to the Message Boards and everybody was talking about the hints and it was fun to talk with people as to what it might all mean. Maybe it's Ranked PvP, maybe it's Book 15, maybe it's a new gauntlet; who knows?

Eventually, however, over the following weeks, something became apparent. People, were pretty much demanding Book 15. Saying things like "Only Ranked and Book 15 will make this wait deserved" or "If there's no story update, I'm cancelling my subscription". Honestly, it makes me tear up inside a bit. KI worked hard to make this update happen and then a bunch of people go and say that if it doesn't meet their expectations then they're leaving. Let's be happy guys! Ranked PvP and those clandestine trainers are coming soon! Plus that ship gauntlet looks like fun! When the new update comes, let's embrace it and enjoy every aspect of it that we can! If we get Book 15 then "Hooray!" and if not, then still "Hooray!" since we have an update now. I'll admit, it's been a while since we've had a story expansion, but we can wait it out a while longer! Show the KI team our support and appreciation for everything they do!

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Wow! Well said. I think that's up there with the Independence Day speech!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Nope. As someone who couldn't less interested in PvP, if the update is just cosmetic, fluff (and I would count a ship gauntlet as fluff), and ranked PvP then I will be unhappy. I preached patience for nearly two years, but KI is sending a pretty strong negative message by their silence in terms of an actual storyline progression.

It wouldn't have hurt them at any point in the last couple of years to say 'hey, we're sorry about the delays, and we are making some progress but something is slowing us down' or even 'we hear your concerns and will address them soon.' Now I have to see evidence that there has been some actual work on the story. The dungeons are fun, but there's only so many time you can do the same thing over and over and over. Kudos to the folks who have done the nefarious tower 100 or more times, but they shouldn't have had time to do that between story updates unless that's all they did.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Sorry, I have to agree with anecorbie. Even though I didn't finish the storyline until last year, over two years of waiting for new story is long enough. Yes, by this point, what's frustrating me is KI silence. We also haven't seen Blind Mew in over a year as well. They haven't said anything to assure us it'll be coming soon, and all they've been hinting is Ranked PvP, and, to be honest, I really couldn't care less about it. Come on, Wizard101 has already gotten TWO updates this year! Pirate101 has gotten almost nothing!

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with this at all. Being happy there is an update coming to P101 when it's way past the time when Book 15 will come out...I'm sorry, but...WHAT? How can you possibly be optimistic when we haven't even gotten a single decent update ever since the Marleybone/Aquila update or even the Advanced Pets update?

I'm tired of just doing the same side quests and being on the same cliffhanger for my pirates over and over again...I don't wanna keep wasting my time with the small new features KI keeps putting in the game...I just wanna progress the story! The only reason I got back on the game was because I heard they were going to open up the Test Realm some time this summer! I don't wanna leave just because they won't expand the game again like last time!

Blind Mew's gone again! Where's One-Eyed Jack? Why is KingsIsle going completely silent about their updates and/or Book 15 besides in the latest newsletter? People like me are enraged and impatient to see KI like this and hope we finally get back in business by heading to the next world. This thing reminds me of an old episode of Spongebob Squarepants where the people were waiting for Spongebob's friend Bubble Buddy in the bathroom. I will quote some man and change it in a way that this scenario is in a nutshell. Ahem..."Two years is long enough! That's it!"

Also, the fact they expanded Marleybone and Aquila (I think) in those screenshots, I definitely expect an expansion update heading our way, and hope this turns out good. Please don't make us mad again, KingsIsle! Just give us Book 15 and possibly Book 16 if you made it, since it took 2 years just to make this book!

-Petty Alicia Cog, Lv. 65

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
I agree with firemorgan I mean I know it's been a long wait for book 15 but hey at least we are getting something and that's better then nothing besides no one even knows what's in the new update yet and even if it isn't book 15 this is only the summer update we still have fall to wait for and that's only a few months away I know that everyone is getting tired of waiting but ki won't disappoint have they ever I know this is going to be a epic update just give it time have a good day everyone

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Wow, I thought it was just Prime day, but I guess there's a sale on blind optimism too! Sign me up! But seriously, It's been two years. The Dragonspyre to Celestia wait wasn't this long. Unless we're getting three books or something, these past few updates have been pretty unjustified, especially scrip. Not to mention, we haven't received anything in terms of a release date or teasers. It's gotten to the point where people thought (before the new updates and test patcher leaks on central) that the game was ending. Now THAT's a problem.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm but I believe this thread is heading towards un-constructive territory so I will be closing it now.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*