Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What talents to give to Privateer companions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 16, 2015
So today I was working on my new privy, and I just got Lucky Jack Russel. I was giving him talents and I gave him: rough, tough, and will. I noticed that the will didn't increase his base damage (figured it would since he privy). I reset his points and did the same thing except I gave him strong and not will. IT STILL DIDNT INCREASE HIS DAMAGE! Does anyone know what talent I can give to increase his damage? Or what talents should I be giving to privateer companions.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
Hey there!
Privateers boost from will, I believe every five points gives one damage extra? So if it was the first rank of will, then that's probably why his damage didn't increase. I usually train privateer companions in rough, tough, spirited,(Will) and accuracy or dodge depending on the companion and its epic talents.

Hope this was helpful!
The Loyal Swashbuckler,
Max , ,
In process ,,

Ensign
May 23, 2014
OfficerBlu on Mar 18, 2015 wrote:
So today I was working on my new privy, and I just got Lucky Jack Russel. I was giving him talents and I gave him: rough, tough, and will. I noticed that the will didn't increase his base damage (figured it would since he privy). I reset his points and did the same thing except I gave him strong and not will. IT STILL DIDNT INCREASE HIS DAMAGE! Does anyone know what talent I can give to increase his damage? Or what talents should I be giving to privateer companions.
In higher levels, increasing his will would increase his damage. But you just got him, he is so low a level and his will and damage are so low-every 5 points of will adds 1 percent damage. +1 percent of 22 or whatever his current weapon damage is would not even show up. And since the first level of will talent only even adds 3 will, that's barely anything. However, do give it to him, because it helps him critical more often, activate relentless, and will make a difference in his damage later on. + )

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Jack is a privateer so strength is sort of useless to him you need to use will. Also Privateers have lots of health so you can give him lots of tough. If you really want to increase his damage then give him rough. Also its very important that you give him accuracy and dodge because without it he will miss a lot and not dodge very often.