Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Drop rate changed or just bad luck?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
I played Skull Island 5x in Beta. When defeating Buster Crab, there is a chance to get an item called Da Claw. It took me 1x, 2x, 4x, 2x attempts to get it and didnt know about it on my first so I dont know how many it would have taken. So far, Ive tried to get it 8x with no success.

Where the drop rates for Boss loot increased in beta to give us exposure and test or where they by chance lowered after beta as a tweak? Maybe Ive just been unlucky.

Knowing that its there is the ARRRGH! part when it doesnt pop after a while.

Petty Officer
Nov 28, 2008
Just a followup, 6 more attempts and finally got a drop from Buster. Unfortunatly it isnt even his good drop. It was the Hook weapon, basically the watered down version. I did run across it in beta as well but always heald out for Da Claw.

Am I wasting my time due to mechanics changes or am I just rolling the wrong dice on the table? :)

Developer
eveque67 on Oct 9, 2012 wrote:
I played Skull Island 5x in Beta. When defeating Buster Crab, there is a chance to get an item called Da Claw. It took me 1x, 2x, 4x, 2x attempts to get it and didnt know about it on my first so I dont know how many it would have taken. So far, Ive tried to get it 8x with no success.

Where the drop rates for Boss loot increased in beta to give us exposure and test or where they by chance lowered after beta as a tweak? Maybe Ive just been unlucky.

Knowing that its there is the ARRRGH! part when it doesnt pop after a while.
Just rotten luck, sorry.

It's still there and I haven't monkeyed with the drop rates.

Unfortunately, Da Claw only drops from Buster-- but there are lots of other good farmable bosses if you're just looking for good gear.