Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Skeleton Key system question

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I've been meaning to ask this question, so...

We've been enjoying the Skeleton Key system in W101, because it reinvigorated the idea of fighting secret bosses with badges & secret loot to earn, but now that the system's brought over to P101, I got this to ask, Bat Masterson...

Did it take the same amount of work needed to carry the same system over to P101 just as it was with implementing it in W101?

One more question...

Will we be seeing some rooms that have the same treasure chests made for those that used the Skeleton Keys in dungeons, like how they did in W101? Would be nice to obtain more good loot in there.

Thanks!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I can't find it right now, but I could have sworn I had seen some comment along the lines of more locations were going to be added, but pinning Kingsisle down on ANYTHING about Pirate101 is like catching salmon barehanded.

I had hoped that the Wooden, Stone and Gold keys would continue to drop from creatures around the Spiral, but they left when Krampus did, which leads me to believe that new locations will not appear any time soon.

There is so much potential here, but all we can do is wait.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I could not care LESS about skeleton key bosses or adding anymore farming instances, and I take a great exception to the phrase that "we're enjoying" this system. There hasn't been any new gear drops or even pets added to this system and it's a waste of time farming these bosses with sub-par gear.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Feb 21, 2019 wrote:
I can't find it right now, but I could have sworn I had seen some comment along the lines of more locations were going to be added, but pinning Kingsisle down on ANYTHING about Pirate101 is like catching salmon barehanded.

I had hoped that the Wooden, Stone and Gold keys would continue to drop from creatures around the Spiral, but they left when Krampus did, which leads me to believe that new locations will not appear any time soon.

There is so much potential here, but all we can do is wait.

I was only referring to how they carried the exact system over to P101, and how hidden treasure rooms in dungeons can appear in P101, which should, because, well, it's the one other feature I really like in W101.