Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Singing Talking Crew (+Post your shanty!)

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
After doing my ship battle thread I thought, hey... what if our sailing crew could sing? Probably it will be mainly Toro, Bonnie, and rat beard, but it would make sailing the spiral fun right? So I was planning on doing something like this- each world has 2 or 3 unique shanties (pirate songs basically) that could be freely unlocked as you travel through each worlds storyline. Imagine sailing to a funny crew singing funny songs about the spiral. The skyways would brighten up! Of course if ye prefer silence you can press a mute button in settings.

Also, if our crew could talk more in battle that would be nice. Here are some ideas:
-After/during being hit, companions scream "AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" or "Shiver me timbers!", and my personal favorite "Sigh... back to Miracle Mitch" etc...
-Complimenting you, "Nice shot captain", "Arr make them walk the plank" etc
-Perhaps some strategic talk? "I be needin healin" at low health, "It would be wise to flee cap'n" etc...
-More stuff too

Back to the original point, songwriters of the spiral- I call you to make a shanty for any world of your choice! Also feel free to post battle comment suggestions.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
After doing my ship battle thread I thought, hey... what if our sailing crew could sing? Probably it will be mainly Toro, Bonnie, and rat beard, but it would make sailing the spiral fun right? So I was planning on doing something like this- each world has 2 or 3 unique shanties (pirate songs basically) that could be freely unlocked as you travel through each worlds storyline. Imagine sailing to a funny crew singing funny songs about the spiral. The skyways would brighten up! Of course if ye prefer silence you can press a mute button in settings.

Also, if our crew could talk more in battle that would be nice. Here are some ideas:
-After/during being hit, companions scream "AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!" or "Shiver me timbers!", and my personal favorite "Sigh... back to Miracle Mitch" etc...
-Perhaps some strategic talk? "I be needin healin" at low health, "It would be wise to flee cap'n" etc...
-More stuff too

Back to the original point, songwriters of the spiral- I call you to make a shanty for any world of your choice! Also feel free to post battle comment suggestions.
We don't need more chatter, honestly, some of the constant blathering gets on my nerves. Plus, when our crew does talk ( after a battle for instance ); we aren't able to move, this makes it especially difficult in mob situations.
A singing crew ( OMG! ) would be super annoying. I don't want to have to mute this game as the background music and sound effects are superb.
Our crew already make comments during the order phase and as they move in combat - more comments are completely un-necessary!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Row, row, row, and a bottle of yum...

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
Golden Guardian on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:

-More stuff too

I hope this includes wizard101 worlds as well.

celestia:

celestia, the world of stars,
fishes, and alien people.
but strange things have came
to this underwater world.
marleybonian dogs, evil monsters,
and ghostly guards, too.
who's behind them?
we just don't know.....

marleybone:

marleybone, or as hawkules once
said, "barleycorn!" a land of dogs,
cats, and clockworks, too!
mysterious black eyed monsters
have raided this once royal land,
the armada, they are called.
but a pirate hero, will defeat these
menaces. who? we don't know...

more soon!

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 31, 2017 wrote:
We don't need more chatter, honestly, some of the constant blathering gets on my nerves. Plus, when our crew does talk ( after a battle for instance ); we aren't able to move, this makes it especially difficult in mob situations.
A singing crew ( OMG! ) would be super annoying. I don't want to have to mute this game as the background music and sound effects are superb.
Our crew already make comments during the order phase and as they move in combat - more comments are completely un-necessary!
1.) When I said mute, I mean a specific option that controls volumes of shanties, just like we have for SFX and Music. Black Flag did this option well, and I really really love when the crew sings, but you could also mute it if you sought to.

2.) Unless we are fighting sneaky ninja pigs, I highly doubt real life battles are that quiet. Violent team combat nearly always has talking, especially in a situation like this. Still I respect your opinion of silence, so I guess a mute for battle banter could be used again...

3.) Glitches are something p101 has been ignoring (*cough* *cough* invisible tiger claws), but should be no reason to limit ideas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
1.) When I said mute, I mean a specific option that controls volumes of shanties, just like we have for SFX and Music. Black Flag did this option well, and I really really love when the crew sings, but you could also mute it if you sought to.

2.) Unless we are fighting sneaky ninja pigs, I highly doubt real life battles are that quiet. Violent team combat nearly always has talking, especially in a situation like this. Still I respect your opinion of silence, so I guess a mute for battle banter could be used again...

3.) Glitches are something p101 has been ignoring (*cough* *cough* invisible tiger claws), but should be no reason to limit ideas.
3. Just as you're allowed to present an idea, I can present my reasons why I disagree. Invisible Tiger Claws is a cosmetic glitch, it doesn't cause trouble with the game. The glitches that do cause trouble should get the priority fixes; like the "Due Unto Others" glitch or the fight with Ricky Ticky Tavi where you end up fighting the same battle twice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Golden Guardian on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:

The next time you take your crew into battle, I suggest you listen to them very carefully: our battles aren't silent at all.
Our companions grunt when they strike or cheer when they make a critical, they groan when struck and gasp with dread if the enemy is using a critical.
Not to mention all the little catch phrases like "ELll Toro!" when he charges an enemy or "meow!" from either Catbeard or Shiruko.
I'm very used to hearing Bonnie's "haha" as she discharges her spark shooter.
Dialogue is entirely un-necessary.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
The next time you take your crew into battle, I suggest you listen to them very carefully: our battles aren't silent at all.
Our companions grunt when they strike or cheer when they make a critical, they groan when struck and gasp with dread if the enemy is using a critical.
Not to mention all the little catch phrases like "ELll Toro!" when he charges an enemy or "meow!" from either Catbeard or Shiruko.
I'm very used to hearing Bonnie's "haha" as she discharges her spark shooter.
Dialogue is entirely un-necessary.
I love bonnie anne's sound effects for when she gets hit.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
I'm not sure if I understand this thread but I think we are supposed to post pirate songs so ill do that.

our power has gone viral
we're the strongest in the spiral

we can even solo kane
And we're everybody's bane

we're not scared of the wizards
they can't even beat some lizards

You swashes just use bamboo
we would rather use some hoodoo

A single hit will slay a buck
They only beat us from pure luck

Your privy hits feel like a tap
And you have walked into our trap

Muskets think they can shoot
But they get beat by a boot

We witches rule the realm
Now just give us the helm

You people just underestimate us
We can hit harder then a bus

And if you just try to observe
you will know what we deserve

We know all we need is some respect
But you think we're weaker then an insect

Well we can set you on fire
Then your situation will be dire

We can also make you freeze
Fighting you will be a breeze

Then we can shock you with thunder
And give you something to wonder

And now still you think your the best
We just put you through our test

Now you know we are much better then you can ever hope to be
And all of this long message was to make all of you see

We have shown you our goodness
And we are far from useless

Now do you all agree
We are better then you see

So that is my song about witchdoctors. Goodbye!