Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Heck Kitty Crit Animation Needs Fixing

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
I LOVE the Heck Kitty, especially on my Witchdoctor. But I ABSOLUTELY HATE her Crit animation. To keep it PG, it looks like she's marking her territory all over my opponent while spinning around like a helicopter. Can we have the Crit animation fixed/changed, please? The other animations of hers I love, like kicking dirt at the enemy and the scratching, it's just the Crit animation that ruins the cute, mystical kitty vibe.

My suggestion: when she Crits either have her use that dark aura surrounding her to swipe with a huge shadow claw or have her create a double out of her aura to double-team the enemy with. Anything but what it is now, PLEASE.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Nightblood1995 on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
I LOVE the Heck Kitty, especially on my Witchdoctor. But I ABSOLUTELY HATE her Crit animation. To keep it PG, it looks like she's marking her territory all over my opponent while spinning around like a helicopter. Can we have the Crit animation fixed/changed, please? The other animations of hers I love, like kicking dirt at the enemy and the scratching, it's just the Crit animation that ruins the cute, mystical kitty vibe.

My suggestion: when she Crits either have her use that dark aura surrounding her to swipe with a huge shadow claw or have her create a double out of her aura to double-team the enemy with. Anything but what it is now, PLEASE.
Marking her territory! However, the animation is the same on my Lilac Cat Cub and I can safely say that the "sparks" are coming from her paws, not her nether regions.
And I always thought the dirt kicking was the action used by cats after they've used the litter box!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
Marking her territory! However, the animation is the same on my Lilac Cat Cub and I can safely say that the "sparks" are coming from her paws, not her nether regions.
And I always thought the dirt kicking was the action used by cats after they've used the litter box!
Thing is, the dirt kicking can be interpreted many different ways. It literally looks like just dirt, especially if it's a fight out on land. In other words, the cloud is a tan, dirt-like color (not a darker, ew-like color). Her Critical Sprinkler attack is pretty difficult to see any other way, plus what cat attacks like that? Ebon Spectre has a sweet Crit animation that fits the Spectre image, for example; you don't see it doing anything way out of character like headbutting the target.

If it came from her paws then it'd be wiser for her to be on the ground, stationary, performing a vicious round of fury swipes. Makes sense for the sparks and doesn't look both wrong and ridiculous. The whole Helicopter Sprinkler animation just completely ruins the mystical and magical aesthetic of the Heck Kitty. If anything should be spinning like that, I'd have to say Crab pets are the best choice.