Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Valencia is a little over the top

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 13, 2013
I understand they want to make it tough and I love a good challenge but everything in here are tanks! What gives? Even the flying fish (Stiletto Fish) are insane. They have Turn the tide 2, Vengeance Strike 2, Bladestorm 2, Second Chance 2, and Flanking 2! Isn't that a bit much for fish?? I couldn't get through a single fight with these guys without losing at least one companion. If I'm having this much trouble how the heck is my son going to get through any of this? Is there any talk about tweaking this or am I the only one who is having this problem?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Pirate Riot on Jul 17, 2016 wrote:
I understand they want to make it tough and I love a good challenge but everything in here are tanks! What gives? Even the flying fish (Stiletto Fish) are insane. They have Turn the tide 2, Vengeance Strike 2, Bladestorm 2, Second Chance 2, and Flanking 2! Isn't that a bit much for fish?? I couldn't get through a single fight with these guys without losing at least one companion. If I'm having this much trouble how the heck is my son going to get through any of this? Is there any talk about tweaking this or am I the only one who is having this problem?
Welcome Pirate Riot!
No, you're not the only one experiencing the jump in difficulty in Valencia 2. Even I had trouble with those stiletto fish, often losing an entire team to them!
During Test there were cries for tweaking and some battles were adjusted. I'm sure with your advice and help your son will find the challenge acceptable, even enjoyable. What an accomplishment to say "I beat those fish!"
You didn't mention what your class is, otherwise I would be able to give a few suggestions to help.
My advice is: do the side quests! If you ignore the side quests the highest level you'll get is level 68, believe me, that's not good enough for Valencia and Kane!

P.S. on the matter of the talents of the Stiletto Fish - if you're a buccaneer you should already have Vengeance 3 and Bladestorm 3, therefore these fish have less than your talents.
If you're a swashbuckler, then First Strike 3 and Riposte 2 are giving you the advantage.
Witchdoctors and Musketeers do best from a range, but have at least one melee companion to handle the attacks - I recommend Ratbeard for this.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
Welcome Pirate Riot!
No, you're not the only one experiencing the jump in difficulty in Valencia 2. Even I had trouble with those stiletto fish, often losing an entire team to them!
During Test there were cries for tweaking and some battles were adjusted. I'm sure with your advice and help your son will find the challenge acceptable, even enjoyable. What an accomplishment to say "I beat those fish!"
You didn't mention what your class is, otherwise I would be able to give a few suggestions to help.
My advice is: do the side quests! If you ignore the side quests the highest level you'll get is level 68, believe me, that's not good enough for Valencia and Kane!

P.S. on the matter of the talents of the Stiletto Fish - if you're a buccaneer you should already have Vengeance 3 and Bladestorm 3, therefore these fish have less than your talents.
If you're a swashbuckler, then First Strike 3 and Riposte 2 are giving you the advantage.
Witchdoctors and Musketeers do best from a range, but have at least one melee companion to handle the attacks - I recommend Ratbeard for this.
I don't quite know if Ratbeard would like your recommendation on sending him out to do the dirty work. However, he might enjoy a little nap afterwords .

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 18, 2016 wrote:
Welcome Pirate Riot!

However, Privateers should be warned that they are doomed for extinction in this case. Please keep this in mind and be cautious approaching these highly aggressive aquatic wildlife, as the unfortunate but frequent combination of being a Privateer and fighting these fish could result in a swift and painful demise. Thank you for your cooperation.

(All claims and comments are based off of the author's experience)

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I made a post called a rant on difficulty complaints talking about this.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jul 19, 2016 wrote:
I made a post called a rant on difficulty complaints talking about this.
Yes, but we're trying to be helpful.