Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unexpected moments of surprise and laughter!!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello all!

We've all experienced those moments that kind of catch us off guard and leave us with a feeling of unexpected surprise, sheer joy and even taking part in some snort-worthy laughter. I just wanted to share a couple of recent experiences that took me by pleasant surprise, while my pirate was running around in Valencia.

The first was one of those "okay, now that right there is just plain funny" kind of moments. It occurred during the Quest, Strike Force. So I followed the quest until you go to have a chat with the guinea pig, Giussepe, in the Artisans Craft Hall. I talked to the little furry fellow and didn't give much thought to the surroundings as it was a wooden bare-bones kind of interior. Then I caught a glimpse of the little "hamster/guinea water bottles" with a picture of yum on them. And to top it off, the yum-still that was "feeding" those little bottles, was quite a hoot. For some reason I just sat there cracking up and admiring one of the little details that can be so easy to overlook if you don't keep your head on a swivel. I loved it!

I also really enjoyed when my pirate first arrived to the Clock Works Dock. The sights, the sounds, the machines in motion, the blending of colors, materials and textures-- I was just blown away. I really enjoyed the blues, greens and lavenders on the buildings and rooftops that really caught the eye, and the pairing of them with the yellow grates, brown wooden docks and golden gears. I just sat there staring at it for quite some time. And it's no wonder that the Clock Works, Kane and his cohorts are brilliantly mad...that "ding..ding..ding..ding..ding..ding" is enough to drive anyone crazy! But I simply loved it and couldn't get it out of my head (literally).

Feel free to share any unexpected moments of pleasant surprise, joy and sheer laughter that you all have experienced throughout your pirate's adventures.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
When I first heard that we needed to visit a sculptor named "Pig Malion" I stopped moving my pirate and laugh for about a minute.
I hope he likes his lady pig statue made of that white marble from Quarry cave - he'll never know the trouble it gave me!

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
One I can think of right now is when Phule is talking to us outside the machine

Phule white side: "Oh, you don't know what the grand design is for?"

Phule black side: "Yes your ignorance could fill the spiral!"

Added a bit of humour to the very serious situation

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Hello all!

We've all experienced those moments that kind of catch us off guard and leave us with a feeling of unexpected surprise, sheer joy and even taking part in some snort-worthy laughter. I just wanted to share a couple of recent experiences that took me by pleasant surprise, while my pirate was running around in Valencia.

The first was one of those "okay, now that right there is just plain funny" kind of moments. It occurred during the Quest, Strike Force. So I followed the quest until you go to have a chat with the guinea pig, Giussepe, in the Artisans Craft Hall. I talked to the little furry fellow and didn't give much thought to the surroundings as it was a wooden bare-bones kind of interior. Then I caught a glimpse of the little "hamster/guinea water bottles" with a picture of yum on them. And to top it off, the yum-still that was "feeding" those little bottles, was quite a hoot. For some reason I just sat there cracking up and admiring one of the little details that can be so easy to overlook if you don't keep your head on a swivel. I loved it!

I also really enjoyed when my pirate first arrived to the Clock Works Dock. The sights, the sounds, the machines in motion, the blending of colors, materials and textures-- I was just blown away. I really enjoyed the blues, greens and lavenders on the buildings and rooftops that really caught the eye, and the pairing of them with the yellow grates, brown wooden docks and golden gears. I just sat there staring at it for quite some time. And it's no wonder that the Clock Works, Kane and his cohorts are brilliantly mad...that "ding..ding..ding..ding..ding..ding" is enough to drive anyone crazy! But I simply loved it and couldn't get it out of my head (literally).

Feel free to share any unexpected moments of pleasant surprise, joy and sheer laughter that you all have experienced throughout your pirate's adventures.
A carton of Mooshu milk. It's a housing item. Made me think.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
For me it usually involves one of the countless references to pop-culture. The most recent came when I was cleaning things up in Aquila and had to battle against a wave of Sky Snakes... Gracie Conrad pops up and says "Snakes... why did it have to be snakes?" - a reference to Indy Jones and Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was one of those "out of the blue" moments and just struck me laugh-out-loud funny.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Here's another one that had me cracking up, described best in three words...

...El Toro fishing...

When Toro "reeled" in that shoe it gave a whole new meaning to discovering sunken boot-y! Yeah, had me chucklin' juuuuuuust a wee bit...and it was quite unexpected.

It's great reminiscing over some of those experiences. So keep those funny, unexpected and awe-inspiring moments coming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I too LOVED those guinea pig bottles. I even tweeted about them. I got such wonderful giggles over them. Well played with delightful schtickisms whoever was involved in that one.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 29, 2016 wrote:
Hello all!

Glad to see ye Pirating again Brother and to see yer wonderful sense of Humor on the Boards, Haha!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
As a huge fan of Firefly and Serenity I was stoked when I came across Captain Reynolds. The voice actor was spot on and the dialect is very reminiscent of Malcolm Reynolds' way of speaking in the shows.
"I aim to misbehave" had me laughin' a-plenty.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Two items:

Hawkules and Bonnie Anne's wonderful rendition of Pyramus and Thisbe

And Ratbeard in Marleybone: "Aye, experts - that's us! Not pirates at all."

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
At the last of the quest for the Wereman, the comment from Dr. Glendon:
"Now I'm off to have a nice roll around in the backyard!"

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
You undertake a secret mission, humble and humiliate Monquista’s greatest hero, return him home to ignite an unprecedented scandal…

Then you free him and help him start a revolution against the crown. You expect to be PAID for this? I trust gold will be acceptable.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I watch Doctor Who, so in the quest in Marleybone where Ratbeard found a crate of fish fingers and custard, I was pleasantly surprised. I even replayed the dialogue a couple times