Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A question regarding the Grizzled Heart Banner.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Good evening one and all. I have a question that I would like to have cleared up.

I know that when you plant the banner, all of your beasts that are on the board at that precise moment get a x2 damage boost. And if you plant the banner on the enemies side of the field, they get the x2 damage + a critical rating boost(?).

My question is this; does the secondary effect only apply in PVP?

It would be nice, lovely even, if the secondary effect activates in PVE, but I can't for the life of me figure out what defines the enemies side in PVE instances. I've tried the edge of the battleboard, I've tried the square that the enemy spawned on and Nada.

No soup for you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Mar 11, 2017 wrote:
Good evening one and all. I have a question that I would like to have cleared up.

I know that when you plant the banner, all of your beasts that are on the board at that precise moment get a x2 damage boost. And if you plant the banner on the enemies side of the field, they get the x2 damage + a critical rating boost(?).

My question is this; does the secondary effect only apply in PVP?

It would be nice, lovely even, if the secondary effect activates in PVE, but I can't for the life of me figure out what defines the enemies side in PVE instances. I've tried the edge of the battleboard, I've tried the square that the enemy spawned on and Nada.

No soup for you.
The enemy's side of the board has always been defined as the place where the enemy are lined up at the start of the battle.
On ships, it's the enemy's ship that's the enemy's side.