Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship and Pirate level

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 01, 2014
So I been thinking about leveling my ship but i have a question can my ship level go above my pirate level my ship level is currently level 11 and so is my pirate so can i make my ship level go above level 15 when mt pirate isnt that level?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
LostBoyLikeMe on Sep 24, 2017 wrote:
So I been thinking about leveling my ship but i have a question can my ship level go above my pirate level my ship level is currently level 11 and so is my pirate so can i make my ship level go above level 15 when mt pirate isnt that level?
If by ship level you mean nautical level, the answer is yes you can make your nautical level more than your pirate level, but only one level above.
For example, if your pirate is level 11 you can raise your nautical level to 12.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And welcome to the message boards, LostBoyLikeMe! You're now an official "message board marauder!"

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
LostBoyLikeMe on Sep 24, 2017 wrote:
Yes it can. Earlier, my Buccaneer was level 5 (He's level 20 now) and my ship level was like level 15 because all I did was grind level 70 Armada ships all day lol. Your nautical level CAN go above your pirate level, but word of warning, the closer your nautical level is to your Pirate level, the less nautical xp you will gain from sinking enemy ships, even level 70 ones. Also, if your nautical level exceeds your pirate level, your companions cannot be tasked to get you more nautical xp until you level up more. I hope that helps, also welcome to the message boards, LostBoyLikeMe! That's also why I only limit myself to one or two levels a day when training my lower level pirates because questing with garbage ship level ticks me off, getting boarded all the time. Good luck and I hope to see you in the skyways!

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 37 Musketeer-in-Training)
Merciless Toby Silver (Level 20 Buccaneer-in-Training)

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
anecorbie on Sep 24, 2017 wrote:
If by ship level you mean nautical level, the answer is yes you can make your nautical level more than your pirate level, but only one level above.
For example, if your pirate is level 11 you can raise your nautical level to 12.
Incorrect. If your nautical level exceeds your pirate level by one, then your companions are unable to be tasked to earn you more ship XP until your pirate level is equal to or greater than your current nautical level. You will just gain less ship XP if your nautical level exceeds your pirate level, but there's no limit that says I can't be level 70 nautical even though my Pirate is level 5. I've proven this to be true because back when my Buccaneer was around level 6 or 7ish, my nautical level was already level 17 from grinding the level 70 ships at Dreadnaught.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2014
Ty right now my ship level is 17 but that was a mistake i made on my max witchdoctor which was farming ship xp that was below my lvl and getting mad on why i got such small amount of xp lol