Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

any doctor who fans here?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
If this were a seasonal pet, would you want one? An Egg-ster-mi-na-tor, looking like a little tank made of colored eggs, with a gun, suction cup, and a little telescope, and a little bunny peeking out from inside.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on Mar 12, 2018 wrote:
If this were a seasonal pet, would you want one? An Egg-ster-mi-na-tor, looking like a little tank made of colored eggs, with a gun, suction cup, and a little telescope, and a little bunny peeking out from inside.
Yes, I'd want all of them if I can!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Sometime soon, maybe next weekend, I'd like to have a Whovian meet up, maybe in Isle of dogs. Anyone interested? Is there anyplace you think would be perfect to meet up? If so, think about what to wear. Think we would see a Donna Noble or David Tennant there?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on May 5, 2018 wrote:
Sometime soon, maybe next weekend, I'd like to have a Whovian meet up, maybe in Isle of dogs. Anyone interested? Is there anyplace you think would be perfect to meet up? If so, think about what to wear. Think we would see a Donna Noble or David Tennant there?
That would be a great idea, but unfortunately I don't watch Doctor Who. Oh, well, LOL!

Also, I don't think "Tennant" is a last name on Pirate101, but I think it would be a would be a fun turnout if all the Whovians united in foggy Marleybone!

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Calamity Finch on May 5, 2018 wrote:
Isle of dogs would likely be the best place to meet up.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Do any of you know who created the original doctor who? I bet i'm the only one that does.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
kingme655 on May 6, 2018 wrote:
Do any of you know who created the original doctor who? I bet i'm the only one that does.
I'd know if I Google it, but why would I cheat? Hehe, no, but I bet anecorbie does.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Meet up for Whovians, and anyone else interested in attending, May 12 at noon, Central Time Zone. Meet in Marleybone's Isle of Dogs, specifically Barkley Square, where the transportalar Krokagator and his gate is found. The Realm is Commodore, in honor of "the Brigadier".

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on May 8, 2018 wrote:
Meet up for Whovians, and anyone else interested in attending, May 12 at noon, Central Time Zone. Meet in Marleybone's Isle of Dogs, specifically Barkley Square, where the transportalar Krokagator and his gate is found. The Realm is Commodore, in honor of "the Brigadier".
Anyone planning to attend?

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Calamity Finch on May 10, 2018 wrote:
Anyone planning to attend?
Man, I wish Alyssa were still on the forums! She would have loved to attend, I'll tell you that. I may be able to see what I can do to fit it in my schedule around the Pirate101 Central 1v1 PvP match for the tournament... Let's see where the tides turn, aye?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Looks like I picked a poor time for this one, and apologies if you were there, and I missed you. A phone call made me a little late. Thanks to Donna FInch, who showed up for some silly Doctor Who jokes. Next time, we will fight the robots. Today, we settled for Autons disguised as rioters.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
So none of you know who made the original doctor who? His name was Sydney Newman.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
With the new doctor, think we will see a male companion who screams and needs rescuing, and things explained to him? I just was thinking about the early Who companions, many of which fell into the scream and need rescue category. Leela was a nice change; the doctor constantly had to save people from her! There have been some very capable companions lately. I hope the trend continues, whoever it is that joins the Doctor in the T.A.R.D.I.S.. I do think that being will probably need things explained, seems to be part of the companion job. Romana, the time lady, seems an exception. Wouldn't really call her a companion (or should we?), but Missy was another that tended to explain things to the doctor.
What are you hoping for in a new companion?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I was a bit surprised to see that this thread had made the hot topics and had more than 9000 views. There are more Whovians here than I thought.

To answer my own question about new companions, after some very modern and tech knowing companions, it might be interesting to have someone who is from the past again, like Jamie was. Everything, both future and present time would be equally amazing or accepted as magical. "What's that? A loo? That is incredible!"

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
I like Doctor Who... It's hilarious to watch the sleeping angels...

Petty Officer
Jul 10, 2011
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe on Pirate we need to watch out if a shipment of garden gnome statues makes it's way here. After all, what might they do while we aren't watching them?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'd like to try another Whovian meet up. I'm not sure if it needs to stay in the free to play areas, or if it can be in Marleybone. If in Marleybone, I'm thinking we could fight some possible cybermen, in disguise, in the Isle of Dogs docks sigil. Can you think of anywhere in the free to play areas which could be tied to something Doctor Who? Silurians maybe?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Do you think the Professor should show up in his B.O.X. in the pirate part of the spiral? If so, what would we find inside? Should we learn more about the past of our pirate trainers in there? If so, who? We could meet a young Avery, rescue a cute and short Morgan, as a kit fox. Would the Professor look different for us (if yes, what would he be wearing)? Wizards get a peek at Skull Island in the B.O.X.; what part of the wizard spiral would you want to see, that is not in Pirate, in a B.O.X. adventure. Maybe a Celestian Space ship, with dinosaurs? Rather than Rose, would pirates see a different companion in there? Who? The Brigadier? A boy fox in a kilt? Donna Noble Lioness?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Sep 7, 2018 wrote:
I'd like to try another Whovian meet up. I'm not sure if it needs to stay in the free to play areas, or if it can be in Marleybone. If in Marleybone, I'm thinking we could fight some possible cybermen, in disguise, in the Isle of Dogs docks sigil. Can you think of anywhere in the free to play areas which could be tied to something Doctor Who? Silurians maybe?
I'm thinking about going to the MB dock dungeon and doing team up so people could join through the ledger back in Skull Island. If you did Marleybone, but don't currently have membership or purchased that world, would it let you join a team up there? Marleybone and fighting robots just seems very Doctor Who, but I would like to have an event available to as many people as I can.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Seen the new Doctor? What do you think? Swiss army sonic! As usual, it always feels strange to see a new doctor. It's also not unusual for it to take a little time to get to know who the new doctor is, even for the actor playing the doctor. For me, Matt Smith was the fastest to feel like the doctor, starting at fish fingers and custard. Most it takes a bit longer to know who they are. I liked Capaldi's transition with nods to things from the prior Doctors. When the sunglasses and guitar appeared, he had found his Doctor. I think this one will be a bit opposite to Capaldi's callous cluelessness about people's feelings. This one was sorry the humans had to see something horrible and said so. She also said new things are scary. I like that she said she was still figuring out her new self. I guess we will find out with her.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Oct 11, 2018 wrote:
Seen the new Doctor? What do you think? Swiss army sonic! As usual, it always feels strange to see a new doctor. It's also not unusual for it to take a little time to get to know who the new doctor is, even for the actor playing the doctor. For me, Matt Smith was the fastest to feel like the doctor, starting at fish fingers and custard. Most it takes a bit longer to know who they are. I liked Capaldi's transition with nods to things from the prior Doctors. When the sunglasses and guitar appeared, he had found his Doctor. I think this one will be a bit opposite to Capaldi's callous cluelessness about people's feelings. This one was sorry the humans had to see something horrible and said so. She also said new things are scary. I like that she said she was still figuring out her new self. I guess we will find out with her.
I really liked her.

"Why are you calling me madam?" -- "Because you're a woman?" "Really? Does it suit me?"

My favorite doctor of all time is Tom Baker, mostly because he always felt sympathetic to the various races he encountered. And then there was the great hat/scarf combo outfit!

Long live the Doctor!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
New credits and TARDIS! Love the throwback touch on the credits and music. I'd hoped there would be circles, and there are. Bit dark though. The crystal look is certainly different. If they were trying to contrast what came before, I think they succeeded. I think it might grow on me.

Hey, since pirates haven't spotted the Professor yet, think if we do, we might see a she? It would be interesting if we got B.O.X. quests, with a different look for the Professor, and a different B.O.X. interior.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
The Kablam Man has a delivery for you! That's odd, nothing in the box but bubble wrap. What will you do?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I have got to try to hold a Dr. Who theme meeting, in game. Maybe it will be possible during vacation soon. I wonder if there are people who would be interested in going, but unable to post here. If you can post, and have any suggestions on what to do, where to hold it, or when is the best time for you, please let us know. The more the merrier, and time and tide waits for snowman.