Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Chest or drop?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
hi like every pirate I've been going after Kane's mask for awhile now still no luck and I almost have the battled Kane one hundred times badge! Anyways I'm trying to figure out which method for getting the mask works the best chest or the actual drop and yes I know it's a really random thing and not the same for everyone but never hurts to ask so to those of you who got one of the best items in game how did you get it chest or dropped from Kane himself? most of my friends who got it said the chest but I just want to double check before spending all of my crowns

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hello!

I feel fairly confident in saying that either way will yield the exact same results when it comes to luck, which is purely random. The second chance chest is merely a way of trying (cough, cough, gambling) for the item without having to battle all of the enemies and bosses again.

If you're going to use the second chance, I suggest you only use it once, maybe twice, then start the dungeon over again, because the cost of the chest goes up with every use, and will only reset in price once you leave the dungeon and start again.

Not that I'm hating on the second chance chest. I've used it many times myself, like with I solo'd the nefarious 5 (shameless bragging I know, but when you hit a personal milestone like that, you make sure others know about it ) and it's another source of income so that this game can continue being developed.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Hello there! I have some good news, some bad news, and then some good news again. Here is the good news: I recieved Kane's Mask as a drop! . And the bad news- it was in my 187th go . Yep. Almost earned the bane of Kane twice in a row without getting the mask to drop. I also used the second chance Chest about 30-50 times with crowns I earned from trivia but this did nothing. Fortunately for you I have met no other pirate who has done more runs than me without getting the mask to drop. 95% of people I met get it under 130 goes, and some lucky lads like Valkoor get multiple masks to the point it becomes trash. Drop rates are random- there is no sure fire way to increase it that is known to pirates.

P.S: When someone says avoid using treasure baths as it may decrease drop rates, spam all the treasure baths you have and tell them they are wrong.

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Thanks for the help guys I really appreciate it it really helped me out now I'm more determined to farm for that mask even if it takes awhile I know I'll get it sooner or later good things come to those who wait good luck with farming everyone

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Glad to be of assistance!

I hope you get the mask sooner than later!