Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What Makes Pirate 101 Unique?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
So I am in school finishing up my Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and one of my finale classes is strategy. Recently Blind Mew stated P101 is still deep in the "if all goes well" for the 2nd story arch. Which to me states the KI "powers to be" have not decided if P101 will continue the story. I know there are a lot of people recruiting to help ensure a long life for P101 but it may still need some help.

One of the things highlighted in my class is a company must find strengths and unique operations within their respective areas. With so many MMO's today P101 must be be unique against the competition to make people excited about the game and bring their friends. KI has found success in making a kid friendly platform that is fun for all ages (W101 is proof of that success).

So what things does Pirate 101 have that make it so unique (even against W101)? There are millions of players and many who love the game so much they stuck around waiting for book 15 (myself included). What strengths and unique game features make people love Pirate 101 that only Pirate 101 has? What features could KI highlight, strengthen, or improve to make Pirate 101 so unique that people start flooding all of the realms to crowded?

I personally don't believe in any idea to small and I am sure KI does not either, so if you have a favorite part of the game please share.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1) Excellent graphics and world mapping, jumping from dock to ship, to skyway, you can see all the detail.

2) Excellent storyline -- even the side quests are amusing and the wordplay/puns/kiss with history elements keep adults engaged as well as kids.

3) Talking companions who serve as our guides and instructors, but have great personalities of their own, and the promotion quests that give us their interesting backstories.

4) Real time pet training without having to play mini-games. And the pet battle abilities make them genuine assets.

Those are just the first few off the top of my head.

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
So the unique things I love about Pirate 101 is:

- Being able to fly/fight with a ship and still play on land

- Knowing that you will not go into a fight alone. Having companions is a huge plus, it allows several different strategies. Plus, the dialog between them is hilarious

- The different places are so very unique and the detail is amazing (AKA tiny houses in Monquesta)

- Kid friendly but still fun for all ages:
- I enjoy playing and I am comfortable letting my kids play alone knowing the language and game content (nudity and violence) are not to adult or non existent

- Community is very friendly and helpful