Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Help Grimtooth Cave Sharks

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 09, 2013
Hi I'm a level 70 Witchdoctor, my companions are level 68+, my pet is level 70. Have soloed except for Moo Shoo Tower and The Hydra.
Recently I have tried many times to complete Bob's your uncle quest but CANT defeat the sharks in Grimtooth cave.
By the end of round 1 in a fight my pirate is the only 1 standing and only once have I managed to take down 1 shark.
These sharks defeat all my comanions, pet, minions, dubloon minions, in 1 round. They block 95% of hits (this isn't a dungeon either)
Can someone please explain

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
StormRaider007 on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
Hi I'm a level 70 Witchdoctor, my companions are level 68+, my pet is level 70. Have soloed except for Moo Shoo Tower and The Hydra.
Recently I have tried many times to complete Bob's your uncle quest but CANT defeat the sharks in Grimtooth cave.
By the end of round 1 in a fight my pirate is the only 1 standing and only once have I managed to take down 1 shark.
These sharks defeat all my comanions, pet, minions, dubloon minions, in 1 round. They block 95% of hits (this isn't a dungeon either)
Welcome to the message boards, StormRaider007! This is a very difficult fight. I have often been defeated by them, but eventually finished.
Are you entering the nearest battle at the entrance? This gives you a very small battleboard and a WD is at a severe disadvantage there.
First: As you enter, go the the extreme right and follow the wall past the waterfall & there is a ramp going down. This leads to other Shark mobs near Aztecosaur ruins. This mob gives a slightly larger battleboard ( giving you time to use buffs/shields ).
Second: Companions; I suppose you're using Old Scratch & your Presedio companion ( who? ) That leaves a choice of one companion. Since the Sharks are Swashbucklers, then perhaps a strong swash is the answer - how about Kan Po? Or maybe Ratbeard if he has hold the line, same for Gracie & her golem summons.

Third: Do you have any powers that can reduce the Shark's accuracy?
Finally, I have found through experience that most companions do these fights much better if they are higher leveled. 68 is really a minimum for this quest, try bringing them to 69 ( if not 70 ).
Best Wishes & Good Luck!

Ensign
Dec 09, 2013
Thank you I will try this. Its really doing my head in as I have soloed all but Moo Shoo Tower, and the Hydra.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
StormRaider007 on Oct 19, 2019 wrote:
They are indeed quite strong, but my solution? Camp. What I mean by this is, buff your companions and summons/pets until they are ridiculously powerful, and then wait for them to come. If you do it right, they'll be fighting a force they cannot overwhelm. They are hard to beat, but if you strategize you should be fine.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
StormRaider007 on Oct 22, 2019 wrote:
Thank you I will try this. Its really doing my head in as I have soloed all but Moo Shoo Tower, and the Hydra.
Also, the sharks are swashbucklers. Another answer could be to use buccaneers and privateers.

Ensign
Dec 09, 2013
Thank You for all you advice,

After reading your posts, I reset my practice points and got a lot of the Privateer comps. Used Lucky Jack, Kan Po and Ratbeard all level 70. I went into the west room with the rock in the middle. Still was defeated many times but found I only could defeat them when my team was positioned to the North West end of the board, allowing me to "funnel" the sharks one at a time.
After defeating Captain Hande, which I found quite easy, I fully can say those Grimtooth Cave sharks are by far my hardest Enemies to date, as I lasted longer in Moo Shoo Tower and The Hydra by myself.

Again Thank You, you saved my sanity