Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Self-induced New Pirate Challenge

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
I was just wondering what are some challenges I can give myself to level up a new pirate. I already have 5 maxes (one of each class) and I am wanting to make a new one but give myself a challenge such as not allowing myself to level my companions (which might actually crush me but I would try it).

Does anyone have any cool suggestions for me?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
A fun challenge I saw once (at least it sounded interesting to me) is that you have to use the gear/equipment that you receive as drops from your fights. If you get a new hat, you have to change it, a new weapon,etc., even if it reduces your stats or powers. You're not allowed to purchase anything to improve, only choose between options if you get more than one of the same type of item.

If you usually play with a set team of favorite companions, it may be a challenge for you to use the Random setting for your crew and experience battles with the lesser knowns.

I've also seen challenges to do only main quests, not train companions with tomes, not use any gear at all, and other "hard-core" ideas.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Steven Owlhunter on Aug 3, 2018 wrote:
I was just wondering what are some challenges I can give myself to level up a new pirate. I already have 5 maxes (one of each class) and I am wanting to make a new one but give myself a challenge such as not allowing myself to level my companions (which might actually crush me but I would try it).

Does anyone have any cool suggestions for me?
One challenge I remember from an old post was a "nuze-lock" challenge; in effect if a companion is defeated you didn't heal them or use them. That was before Advanced Companions though and once our companions are healed they automatically revive. Perhaps you can put them on task permanently if defeated?

I would only suggest this challenge if you have at least a page of companions.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Try to do it all with just your parents' ship. I'd say try to go through with a raft, but I suspect that will be too hard.

Maybe only do each world with the ship you came in with, only changing when you are given a ship. That'll at least give you something to fight with in MooShu....