Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas For Yuletide Spirit Promotions

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Today I was so happy when my game friend Charming Taryn Orne gifted me The Spirits Of Yuletide Set: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61497-Opening-The-Spirits-Of-Yuletide-Set.
But as some of you know Ki failed to include promotions for these companions. I'm 99% sure Ki will fix this glitch but I realized it gives me a unique chance to suggest what their promotions should be and hope Ki reads it. If it were up to me I would give each of them 2 promotions(considering the pack is almost 8,000 crowns they deserve it).

Spirit Of Giving(Privateer):

Currently this companion receives Pirate 1, Epic Strike, and Rouse. OK, but this companion deserves better at max level for the price, here are my 2 promotion suggestions along with its current base epics.

Base Epics: Pirate 1, Epic Strike, Rouse
Promotion 1 Idea: Pirate 1, Mega Strike, Rouse, Dispel Magic
Promotion 2 Idea: Pirate 2, Mega Strike, Rally, Dispel Magic

By giving the Spirit Of Giving these epics, it'll make her a cross between The Marchioness and Wing Chun. She'll be very useful because she will be able to counter magic effects with dispel magic, heal with rally, and during ship battles she'll have pirate 2.

Spirit Of Receiving(Buccaneer):

Currently this companion receives Pirate 1, Epic Strike, and Mighty Charge. Once again OK but this companion deserves better, here are my 2 promotion suggestions along with its current base epics:

Base Epics: Pirate 1, Epic Strike, Mighty Charge
Promotion 1 Idea: Pirate 1, Mega Strike, Mighty Charge, Buccaneer Strike
Promotion 2 Idea: Pirate 2, Mega Strike, Brutal Charge, Buccaneer Strike

By giving the Spirit Of Receiving these epics, it'll make him a cross between Barnabus and Peter Quint. He won't be as good as either of them, but he'll be almost as good. He'll have 3 guaranteed hits and for ship battles he'll have pirate 2.

Spirit Of Returning(Swashbuckler):

Currently this companion receives Repel Boarders 1, Epic Strike, and Hurl Blades. This companion is the best epic wise right now in my opinion but this companion will be the weakest if it doesn't get a promotion to match the other 2, here are my 2 promotion suggestions along with its base epics:

Base Epics: Repel Boarders 1, Epic Strike, Hurl Blades
Promotion 1 Idea: Repel Boarders 1, Mega Strike, Hurl Blades, Rouse
Promotion 2 Idea: Repel Boarders 2, Mega Strike, Hurl Blades, Rally

By giving this companion these epics it'll make him good but not too good. He'll be similar to Kan Po but not identical. If this companion doesn't get any heal at all people will question why the cat pirate in the Smuggler's Arena gets a heal(correct me if I am wrong). I don't feel this companion deserves Gambit Of Steel as that would make him too powerful especially if he gets Rally(which I feel he deserves) upon second promotion. Even without that he'll have 2 guaranteed hits plus a heal.

These companions shouldn't get stat boost power as they are for all classes.

Any comments on my promotion ideas?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 18, 2017 wrote:
Today I was so happy when my game friend Charming Taryn Orne gifted me The Spirits Of Yuletide Set: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61497-Opening-The-Spirits-Of-Yuletide-Set.
But as some of you know Ki failed to include promotions for these companions. I'm 99% sure Ki will fix this glitch but I realized it gives me a unique chance to suggest what their promotions should be and hope Ki reads it. If it were up to me I would give each of them 2 promotions(considering the pack is almost 8,000 crowns they deserve it).

Spirit Of Giving(Privateer):

Currently this companion receives Pirate 1, Epic Strike, and Rouse. OK, but this companion deserves better at max level for the price, here are my 2 promotion suggestions along with its current base epics.

Base Epics: Pirate 1, Epic Strike, Rouse
Promotion 1 Idea: Pirate 1, Mega Strike, Rouse, Dispel Magic
Promotion 2 Idea: Pirate 2, Mega Strike, Rally, Dispel Magic

By giving the Spirit Of Giving these epics, it'll make her a cross between The Marchioness and Wing Chun. She'll be very useful because she will be able to counter magic effects with dispel magic, heal with rally, and during ship battles she'll have pirate 2.

Spirit Of Receiving(Buccaneer):

Currently this companion receives Pirate 1, Epic Strike, and Mighty Charge. Once again OK but this companion deserves better, here are my 2 promotion suggestions along with its current base epics:

Base Epics: Pirate 1, Epic Strike, Mighty Charge
Promotion 1 Idea: Pirate 1, Mega Strike, Mighty Charge, Buccaneer Strike
Promotion 2 Idea: Pirate 2, Mega Strike, Brutal Charge, Buccaneer Strike

By giving the Spirit Of Receiving these epics, it'll make him a cross between Barnabus and Peter Quint. He won't be as good as either of them, but he'll be almost as good. He'll have 3 guaranteed hits and for ship battles he'll have pirate 2.

Spirit Of Returning(Swashbuckler):

Currently this companion receives Repel Boarders 1, Epic Strike, and Hurl Blades. This companion is the best epic wise right now in my opinion but this companion will be the weakest if it doesn't get a promotion to match the other 2, here are my 2 promotion suggestions along with its base epics:

Base Epics: Repel Boarders 1, Epic Strike, Hurl Blades
Promotion 1 Idea: Repel Boarders 1, Mega Strike, Hurl Blades, Rouse
Promotion 2 Idea: Repel Boarders 2, Mega Strike, Hurl Blades, Rally

By giving this companion these epics it'll make him good but not too good. He'll be similar to Kan Po but not identical. If this companion doesn't get any heal at all people will question why the cat pirate in the Smuggler's Arena gets a heal(correct me if I am wrong). I don't feel this companion deserves Gambit Of Steel as that would make him too powerful especially if he gets Rally(which I feel he deserves) upon second promotion. Even without that he'll have 2 guaranteed hits plus a heal.

These companions shouldn't get stat boost power as they are for all classes.

Any comments on my promotion ideas?
1. I don't believe that KI was deliberately negligent in not giving promotions to this pack. We don't know what may come in the future; there are certainly many companions we recruit that haven't received a single promotion at all ( example: the animal companions of Witchdoctors. )
2. If this is as planned by KI, it's not a glitch. The only glitch I see is that the Spirit of Giving ( the Mouse Privy ) doesn't have a voice.
"Deserves better at the price..."
The whole pack costs 7, 995 crowns, yet there are 3 companions; so each companion costs 2,665 crowns. Does a companion that costs under 3,000 crowns deserve a promotion?
Actually, I believe all companions deserve a promotion, but cost of companion shouldn't enter into that consideration. I have many max level companions who haven't received a promotion; do I then conclude that its a glitch or that they'll never receive a promotion? Of course not, they'll promote when KI decides that they promote.
I have a few issues with your powers granted through promotions.
First, I must ask you, why should a companion have such powerful epics that make them comparable to the best companions we have?
There will be cries of "OP" and "Pay to win" leveled at KI should this happen.
I especially do not want my Cat Swashbuckler to receive a second rank in Repel Boarders.
He should get the Pirate talent, instead. No healing, since the Mouse privy has that power. Maybe a Back Stab, like Sarah Steele/Lucy Sterling.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think that the Spirit of Giving ought to get Call to Arms, as there are other companions available through game play or in the Crowns Shop with this power. This will benefit all classes.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Nobody cries Nausica is "pay to win" do they? Worth noting Holly Jolly Roger gets 2 promotions. The Cat Pirate from the Boochbeard Bundle got 2 promotions as well so the ghost cat should as well, and if he does so should the other 2 yuletide spirits. One-Eyed Jack/Tom said this on his personal Twitter page: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61473-Spirits-of-Yuletide-Pack&p=305706#post305706. If One Eyed Jack/Tom thinks these companions getting no promotions is a glitch then it probably is. If I am right I ask One Eyed Jack/Tom to yarr this reply and to please tell Ratbeard or whoever is in charge of companions at Ki to take my promotion ideas into consideration.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
Nobody cries Nausica is "pay to win" do they? Worth noting Holly Jolly Roger gets 2 promotions. The Cat Pirate from the Boochbeard Bundle got 2 promotions as well so the ghost cat should as well, and if he does so should the other 2 yuletide spirits. One-Eyed Jack/Tom said this on his personal Twitter page: http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61473-Spirits-of-Yuletide-Pack&p=305706#post305706. If One Eyed Jack/Tom thinks these companions getting no promotions is a glitch then it probably is. If I am right I ask One Eyed Jack/Tom to yarr this reply and to please tell Ratbeard or whoever is in charge of companions at Ki to take my promotion ideas into consideration.
Lol, Dino, nearly everyone calls Nausica OP and pay to win.
If this is a glitch, it would be great if OEJ could confirm it. But there are companions in the crown shop now which have yet to receive a promotion.