Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Orchid Chameleon

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2017
I'm trying to get an Orchid Chameleon and literally killed Fin about 50 times in the temple of gloom and in Gullet. Why am i only getting the usual stuff? (Weapons, armor, pet food etc.) Im a lvl 16 Musketeer. The only pet i received was a fire toad from a second chance box at the Gortez boss fight. I sold it by accident though... I heard that people got pets after their 5th try. Are there any requirements for pets that im missing, or am i just extremely unlucky?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Forehoofd on Jun 14, 2017 wrote:
I'm trying to get an Orchid Chameleon and literally killed Fin about 50 times in the temple of gloom and in Gullet. Why am i only getting the usual stuff? (Weapons, armor, pet food etc.) Im a lvl 16 Musketeer. The only pet i received was a fire toad from a second chance box at the Gortez boss fight. I sold it by accident though... I heard that people got pets after their 5th try. Are there any requirements for pets that im missing, or am i just extremely unlucky?
Welcome to the message boards, Forehoofd! You're just extremely unlucky, but did you know that any Skull Island boss can drop an Orchid Chameleon? Also, I have received several through Pet Wranglin'.
Try putting a couple of companions on the Wranglin' task.
P.S. I got my first Orchid Chamleon from Dead-Eye Deidre in Skull Island skyway.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I only WISH I had gotten a Fire Toad... I'd suggest farming the Rat Pack in the Ancient Tunnels. I've gotten lots of pets from Frankie Blue Eyes and his gang.

I agree with anecorbie about Pet Wrangling - you'll have a whole herd of pets before you know it.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Welcome to the Message Boards, Forehoofd!

Well, I have an Orchid Chameleon, but it's been so long I don't even remember where I got him!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I recently got one in the Presidio, but usually I get them from pet wrangling. You also could get your fire toad to adult and try morphing with someone's Orchid Chameleon. You might get a better Orchid Chameleon, by combining pets, than one that dropped in a fight or from wrangling.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Breaking news, Forehoofd: I just got an Orchid Chameleon right now as a drop from Frankie Blue Eyes and the gang in the Ancient Tunnels! Maybe try farming there!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I didn't notice that you sold the toad, but if you have, or get, other pets, I stand by my suggestion on morphing to get new pets.

Ensign
May 24, 2017
Thanks for the replies, i really appreciate it! I decided to have 5 of my companions Pet Wranglin' at all times. This really helped me because i have 11 pets right now, including the Orchid Chameleon! Farming is a great way to get gear/gold, but if you're unlucky like me, i'd suggest to just play the game while Pet Wranglin'.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Forehoofd on Jul 2, 2017 wrote:
Thanks for the replies, i really appreciate it! I decided to have 5 of my companions Pet Wranglin' at all times. This really helped me because i have 11 pets right now, including the Orchid Chameleon! Farming is a great way to get gear/gold, but if you're unlucky like me, i'd suggest to just play the game while Pet Wranglin'.
Also, if you find that you're nautical experience is falling behind your pirate experience, Advanced Companions will help - just put a few on the Sailin' Task!