Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Getting Gold

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
I been having some troubles. I am up to Cool Ranch (Can't start on book 7 crowns/sub etc). I have done all the side quest and I still need gold.

Any idea that I can go to for gold that is worth the time?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Ways you can earn gold (Other then side quests)

1. Selling the gear you don't need it comes in handy when i need gold.

2. Sinking ships

3. Farming for gear go to bosses that have second chance chests.

There is many more but those are the main ones.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sinking ships is the best way to earn three things: Gold, Nautical Xp and Scrip. If you can find a few others who are also ship hunting, your gold will start filling up quickly. My favorite spot is the end of Cooper's Roost on the way to Big Sky. There are two Bison ships there that respawn fairly quickly, and with practice you should be able to sink one before the other one finds you and targets you.

Do you look for wooden chests? In Cool Ranch, they start to really give some decent gold amounts, and if you can make some friends to help you open the Group Plunder chests, you can accumulate gold fairly quickly. Each island in the skyway has a spawn for a chest, I believe.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
Ways you can earn gold (Other then side quests)

1. Selling the gear you don't need it comes in handy when i need gold.

2. Sinking ships

3. Farming for gear go to bosses that have second chance chests.

There is many more but those are the main ones.
Don't forget that you can set your companions to Plunderin' and Scavengin' for gold and gear, as well!

Ensign
Jun 08, 2010
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Don't forget that there are a number of places where chests can be counted on (three places to look in Santa Pollo alone). You can farm the chests. You can go beat things up in some of the lower skyways for faster ends to the battles, and earn a little gold there.

Sell the ship equipment you have that you're not using. It takes up backpack space if it's not on a ship.

I suppose you could try to hold up the stagecoach...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cameron8203 on Mar 23, 2015 wrote:
Do you know which bosses have second chances on them?
Santa Rana in Castillo Sapo, Santo Pollo skyway in Cool Ranch.