Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion name generator

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Hi pirates

This is a suggestion which would be better for all

We all have that one companion that comes with a random name and I am personally tired of ending up with some companions being called ugly Henry Lenny

So my solution to this is that when we recruit a new companion that has a random name each time how about we get to choose the name, the selection would be how it is to choose your pirates or ships name.

Before you post below saying that you can't just choose someone's name this is a game and not everything is 100% realistic in an already unrealistic game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 25, 2016 wrote:
Hi pirates

This is a suggestion which would be better for all

We all have that one companion that comes with a random name and I am personally tired of ending up with some companions being called ugly Henry Lenny

So my solution to this is that when we recruit a new companion that has a random name each time how about we get to choose the name, the selection would be how it is to choose your pirates or ships name.

Before you post below saying that you can't just choose someone's name this is a game and not everything is 100% realistic in an already unrealistic game.
I would suggest that a "Companion Name Change" vender is the way to go here, for those companions who do have a random name: just as we can change our pet's names or our ships.
This is a good idea, Darius.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
I would suggest that a "Companion Name Change" vender is the way to go here, for those companions who do have a random name: just as we can change our pet's names or our ships.
This is a good idea, Darius.
Well you pressed the start button on my creativity so here you go

Captain Darius (see what I did there) Costs 1000 gold to change the name of desired companion

Located in Skull Island Docks- Skull Island

Thought we needed an npc with captain and I thought he would need the name of a leader also I thought skull island docks could be used more

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I agree - there should be a place to change a randomized companion name. Although Maximus Maximus, my Eagle Gladiator and Dan Chan, my Yakooza, would NEVER be changed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jan 26, 2016 wrote:
I agree - there should be a place to change a randomized companion name. Although Maximus Maximus, my Eagle Gladiator and Dan Chan, my Yakooza, would NEVER be changed.

Whenever I see my toreador's name: Angry Cotton Dalton, I get angry! This is not a name for a toreador! He should have Santo Pollo style names, like Ramon or Enrique.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
Whenever I see my toreador's name: Angry Cotton Dalton, I get angry! This is not a name for a toreador! He should have Santo Pollo style names, like Ramon or Enrique.
I know exactly what you mean -- my Toreador is "Ugly Cobb." Puh-lease!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 27, 2016 wrote:
My friend got Ugly Ben for his toreador

Petty Officer
Jul 25, 2012
I got ugly cobb too.

All my random name generated companions are bad names.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Yes! I want to change my inoshishi from " Wei Shi " to " Dai Shi " For obvious reasons