Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Mojo Potion Companion Healing

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 01, 2015
Who else agrees that it would be awesome if you were in a long dungeon, and your best companion dies and you have to restart in 2 hours or run around for a while, or you could just use a mojo to heal your companions? I think that would be awesome personally. What about you? And by the way, I mean Mooshoo+ dungeons.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
SlashingSabre on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Who else agrees that it would be awesome if you were in a long dungeon, and your best companion dies and you have to restart in 2 hours or run around for a while, or you could just use a mojo to heal your companions? I think that would be awesome personally. What about you? And by the way, I mean Mooshoo+ dungeons.
While that would be great, that's how it used to be before the 2014 update. KI thought it was too imbalanced so when the advanced companions update came out, they added the bed-rest and wound system. It was a controversial decision and you could look around many places on the boards and find plenty of people still debating that decision.
So unfortunately it probably won't come back. Welcome to the boards, though! Hope you have a fantastic week and a fantastic time here!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 'Saur Winner

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
You can always wake up your favorite companion from bed rest and just use him/her wounded. They would start the next battle with lower health, but you could heal them with either powers or doubloons.

OR, like many of us, just use another companion. We get so many, especially by MooShu, that you can keep several spares trained up and battle ready. Relying too heavily on one single strategy will not prepare you for the challenges you'll face in Marleybone and Aquila.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Willowydream on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
You can always wake up your favorite companion from bed rest and just use him/her wounded. They would start the next battle with lower health, but you could heal them with either powers or doubloons.

OR, like many of us, just use another companion. We get so many, especially by MooShu, that you can keep several spares trained up and battle ready. Relying too heavily on one single strategy will not prepare you for the challenges you'll face in Marleybone and Aquila.

The amount of Companions you get actually varies between classes. Buccs, for example, have the least amount of Companions in the whole game.

I never knew you could fully heal them though if they are wounded thanks for the tip!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
I honestly would love if they reverted back to this idea, I mean it kind of defeats the purpose of having Mojo Potions (except for a quick, immediate self-heal). Healing your ship is a bit redundant as you have a healing power and can flee at any given point in time if you need to, and healing yourself only kind of just makes the Mojo Potion sound/act like a regular potion from Wizard101. I don't see why they can't implement it back in while keeping the bed rest system in place, that way if you run out of potions your Companion(s) are stuck that way until you either buy more Potions, head to Mike or wait the fully wait time.

What if a Mojo Potion only revived one Companion at a time instead of the whole group?

Ensign
Jun 01, 2015
Willowydream on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:

The thing is, I am starting a buccaneer right now, currently at level 22 and I have already gone through the worlds as a witchdoctor, so I am prepared for the worlds. I use three main companions, so it is a bit hard. It is just an annoyance is what I think. Anyway though, thanks. :)

Ensign
Jun 01, 2015
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
While that would be great, that's how it used to be before the 2014 update. KI thought it was too imbalanced so when the advanced companions update came out, they added the bed-rest and wound system. It was a controversial decision and you could look around many places on the boards and find plenty of people still debating that decision.
So unfortunately it probably won't come back. Welcome to the boards, though! Hope you have a fantastic week and a fantastic time here!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 'Saur Winner
Thanks, I think I will have a great week and most likely year+ here.