Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some power ideas (I accidentally pressed enter)

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I was making a post about power ideas but I missed Shift and hit Enter, so there's some incomplete post probably showing up before this.

Here are some powers I thought of! I didn't think of any for Buccaneer though.

Privateer:
(idk what the name would be)
It's like one of those enhancement spells such as Keen Eyes and Strong from Wizard101; you select it, then select another power to give it walk range. For example, if you used it on The Big Guns and then used that the next turn, you would click to select where you are gonna walk before selecting where to bomb.

Musketeer:
Catapult
You place this catapult on some spot near you, and then anyone can go use it. For example, it's placed on the ground, and then you make your Hawkules go interact with it, and then you click somewhere else to set where the catapult is gonna fire a boulder.

Swashbuckler:
(I also don't know what to call this)
This power removes a trap from the board, and it has infinite range. You don't do any moving.

Witchdoctor:
Sacrifice
It's exactly like that sacrifice spell for Death School in Wizard101, you take health from yourself, the damage is 1x Spell Power, and then give health that is 3x Spell Power to an ally near you.

You will get a Yar! if you reply!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 19, 2015 wrote:
I was making a post about power ideas but I missed Shift and hit Enter, so there's some incomplete post probably showing up before this.

Privateer:
It's like one of those enhancement spells such as Keen Eyes and Strong from Wizard101; you select it, then select another power to give it walk range. For example, if you used it on The Big Guns and then used that the next turn, you would click to select where you are gonna walk before selecting where to bomb.

Musketeer:
Catapult
You place this catapult on some spot near you, and then anyone can go use it. For example, it's placed on the ground, and then you make your Hawkules go interact with it, and then you click somewhere else to set where the catapult is gonna fire a boulder.

Swashbuckler:
This power removes a trap from the board, and it has infinite range. You don't do any moving.

Witchdoctor:
Sacrifice
It's exactly like that sacrifice spell for Death School in Wizard101, you take health from yourself, the damage is 1x Spell Power, and then give health that is 3x Spell Power to an ally near you.

Very interesting powers, and they're not so OP as to have people screaming for your blood!
Big Guns has an infinite range, it can cover anywhere on the battle board. Keen Eyes gives you an accuracy buff ( really not needed here in P101, I mean, have you ever seen a privy fizzle?) Strong gave a damage buff, privys already have this power.
Catapult sounds really good, but why have someone interact with it? Why can't it fire automatically if someone comes near? And it could have an AoE, too.
I find the idea for the swashbuckler power very entrancing and since it's not an attack I could remove a trap while I'm hidden, hmmm....
This would solve a problem of WD not having the ability to heal crew or team mates, very good.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

Privateer:

Musketeer:
Catapult

Swashbuckler:

Witchdoctor:
Sacrifice

For the Swashbuckler ability you could call it sabotage. I would like a really unique privateer power that would be an attack besides dropping bombs. Something cool that would be like oh yeah! when it shows up.
The other classes get an "oh yeah!" ability and as much as I love and get great satisfaction out of helping you all raise your stats to the heavens and healing I would like the opportunity to also kick booty out there. I cross trained for attack abilities which I use when I solo but there is also the paradox of players not appreciating a privateer attacking in team play.... I'm trying to come up with an idea that would allow for at least one attack where I can smile....suggestions?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
I don't see Swashbucklers disarming / removing traps. Swinging over / jumping over them- yes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jack Harkness on Apr 20, 2015 wrote:
I don't see Swashbucklers disarming / removing traps. Swinging over / jumping over them- yes.
If you've played Dungeons and Dragons; then you would notice that swashbucklers fit very well into the Rogue Class; and one of their skill sets was hiding in shadows and remove traps.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009

Privateer:

Musketeer:
Catapult

Swashbuckler:

Witchdoctor:
Sacrifice

Those are very great ideas! They're very reasonable and still incredibly useful. I could see using the privateer ability with a heal could be very nice. I'd call it the privy ability "Hasty".

Now, for the catapult, would that be a one-use power or could it be used many times? Honestly I think the first time you use it, you would set down bombs, but after that, it would just chuck a giant bomb instead of a boulder.

I thought about a power similar to your swash idea, and I called it "skipping stone" where the swash would through a small stone, watch it skip, then activate the trap. I just couldn't decide if it would affect flames of any kind or not so I decided not to post it.

Sacrifice would be amazing! Witchdoctors aren't exactly very armored, so having a heal like that would be a tremendous help.

Now, I have an idea for a buccaneer power, but I'd like to hear some feedback on it:
Raged Speech

This would increase the weapon power of your companions by 5% for 5 rounds.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2015 wrote:
If you've played Dungeons and Dragons; then you would notice that swashbucklers fit very well into the Rogue Class; and one of their skill sets was hiding in shadows and remove traps.
Chances are I played D&D before you were born. If I am wrong on that assumption, then I apologize (I started playing dnd in 1982).

And just because something is in dnd really doesn't mean much.

For the record, I don't see swashbucker as a sub-class, or prestiege class, or anything relating to a thief.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 19, 2015 wrote:
Very interesting powers, and they're not so OP as to have people screaming for your blood!
Big Guns has an infinite range, it can cover anywhere on the battle board. Keen Eyes gives you an accuracy buff ( really not needed here in P101, I mean, have you ever seen a privy fizzle?) Strong gave a damage buff, privys already have this power.
Catapult sounds really good, but why have someone interact with it? Why can't it fire automatically if someone comes near? And it could have an AoE, too.
I find the idea for the swashbuckler power very entrancing and since it's not an attack I could remove a trap while I'm hidden, hmmm....
This would solve a problem of WD not having the ability to heal crew or team mates, very good.
About the catapult attacking people that approach

That made me think about the armada devices from Beachhead. It wouldn't have, like, overwatch with only three uses, but infinite uses like boss cheats.

Also, I can't decide whether it should be breakable or not. It would be pretty interesting if a charging buccaneer could use your catapult and kill you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
About the catapult attacking people that approach

That made me think about the armada devices from Beachhead. It wouldn't have, like, overwatch with only three uses, but infinite uses like boss cheats.

Also, I can't decide whether it should be breakable or not. It would be pretty interesting if a charging buccaneer could use your catapult and kill you.
What about those cannons on the battle with Deacon? Is that what you had in mind by having a crew member interact with the catapult? I think making the catapult breakable is an excellent idea. I don't think an enemy should be able to use it against you though.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
What about those cannons on the battle with Deacon? Is that what you had in mind by having a crew member interact with the catapult? I think making the catapult breakable is an excellent idea. I don't think an enemy should be able to use it against you though.
Yeah, those cannons were what I was thinking of when I came up with the catapult. Enemies using your own stuff against you probably would be unfair or something, and being able to break it would be important. By the way, do you think it should get infinite range or regular range?

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
I came up with some more:

Swashbuckler
(another undecided name)
A buff that gives +100% Strength/Agility/Will (whichever your weapon is based on) to only your pirate for 10 rounds. The next version would give +150% for 5 rounds, and the top tier one would give +200% for 3 rounds. If you think that's too OP, then maybe it should be 100, 125, 150 instead of 100, 150, 200.

Witchdoctor
(something)
A buff that gives +50% Spell Power to any ally for 10 rounds, because the main stat for witchdoctors is Spell Power and the whole game seems to ignore that! The reason this would only go to one ally is because directly getting Spell Power is much more effective than just getting Will. Hardly any part of Mojo Storm's damage comes from Will. Anyways, the next ones would be +75% and +100% like the other stat buffs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
Yeah, those cannons were what I was thinking of when I came up with the catapult. Enemies using your own stuff against you probably would be unfair or something, and being able to break it would be important. By the way, do you think it should get infinite range or regular range?
I believe it should have a regular range and cover a small area, otherwise, it would be OP, imo.

In reply to those next powers; the one for Swashbucklers, I think is invading Privateer territory.
A spell power buff would be good for Witchdoctors.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
as a privateer i'd want overprotection, maybe a 3 round overprotection buff or some power that allows me to summon a 1x3 impenetrable, unjumpable shield wall that lasts for 3-5 rounds or forever but with like a 500 unbombable health, I feel like a power like this would really shake up a battle

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
as a privateer i'd want overprotection, maybe a 3 round overprotection buff or some power that allows me to summon a 1x3 impenetrable, unjumpable shield wall that lasts for 3-5 rounds or forever but with like a 500 unbombable health, I feel like a power like this would really shake up a battle
That's completely OP, by any definition. Not the overprotection, there's ways around that, but the impenetrable, unjumpable shield wall that last forever with a 500 unbombable ( no AoEs? ) health.