Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

One eyed jack I need your help please!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
One eyed jack I wasn't sure if I should post this in the bug section because this isn't really a bug it's just a problem for me. Jack I can't beat the Scylla I managed to defeat the hydra but the Scylla is a problem for me in particular I don't have the gold to buy a new ship and the equipment to battle this thing I have the worst ship for it which is the bison galleon from tumbleweed and my horn and attacks are useless and miss 85% of the time. I'm okay with ship battles where I can board the enemies ship but with Scylla you can't do that you have to beat it and can't board it and as I said my ship isn't built for it. Also my nautical xp is only at lvl 40 so even if I get the gold I have to beat ships which would be a waste of time if I really only need the whole thing for the battle against the Scylla which is why I really don't want to go through the trouble of doing all of that for one battle. Is their anything you can do to help me the Scylla took me down in only a few hits and I think it would be unfair for me to collect the gold and nautical xp if its only useful to me for a single battle. Is it possible for friends to help me and can you please help me out with this jack I'm begging for help I managed the hydra but the Scylla is not a straight hand to hand combat. It would be very appreciated and I would be very thankful if you could do something to help me with this I hope you respond as soon as you can

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Never mind one eyed jack one of my friends helped me with it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I know you would love to be able to get through the game without having to do the work needed and that it would make you very happy and thankful, I see that. But some things require that work to be done. If you want to battle a bigger monster you have to grow stronger to do it. You wouldn't think of trying to take down that Hydra on your raft now would you? Of course not, you had to grow and get a stronger ship. This is the same thing. You have to do the work that will strengthen you so you can be strong enough for this very strong beast. Your ship must be strong as well. If you want the gold to buy it, you have to work for it. Go farm Friar sand an get some gold then go farm some ship bosses and get your xp up. You have gotten this far by having higher level friends carrying you through with them as they did the work you are not willing to do. Now it is showing. You need to do the work to get what You need. As much fun as it is to do things the easy way, life is just not that way. Welcome to the real world . I am sure your friends would be more than happy to help you farm, myself included. Helping someone do a chore is what friendship is about. But doing it for them all the time isn't.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I know you would love to be able to get through the game without having to do the work needed and that it would make you very happy and thankful, I see that. But some things require that work to be done. If you want to battle a bigger monster you have to grow stronger to do it. You wouldn't think of trying to take down that Hydra on your raft now would you? Of course not, you had to grow and get a stronger ship. This is the same thing. You have to do the work that will strengthen you so you can be strong enough for this very strong beast. Your ship must be strong as well. If you want the gold to buy it, you have to work for it. Go farm Friar sand an get some gold then go farm some ship bosses and get your xp up. You have gotten this far by having higher level friends carrying you through with them as they did the work you are not willing to do. Now it is showing. You need to do the work to get what You need. As much fun as it is to do things the easy way, life is just not that way. Welcome to the real world . I am sure your friends would be more than happy to help you farm, myself included. Helping someone do a chore is what friendship is about. But doing it for them all the time isn't.
I made a deal with my friend that in the battle he would use his ship (since it was way better) and I would take care of the tokens like the spawn scylla. But thank you for the instructive criticism Chrissys you did help me realize I need to do the work and even though it takes long it will be worth it so thank you and keep up the good advice

Administrator
Glad you were able to get the help you needed to complete the encounter.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*