Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Revert the Privateer Buffs

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
After doing some ranked PvP on my Privy, i really have an issue to bring up.
The whole reason of changing the privateer buffs' lengths was that we would use the weaker ones first, then eventually build up to our giant ones and have a huge boost at once.
So why is it that now, in Ranked, we can't stack those buffs?
The privateer class is a laughing stock at the moment. Our Accuracy and crit buffs are useless because you can override the chance of hitting and going critical by using strength/agility/will buffs. Essentially all of the classes have their own accuracy and critical buffs, plus an increase in damage and relentless/burst/echo chances.
I have some solutions that would solve this problem.
1: Revert the buffs' length back to how it was before the buff change. In other words, Battle Zeal will go back to its 10 round length, Espirit de corps will be 10 as well, and call to arms will go to 5 rounds.
2. Make the Privateer buffs stackable. This class is all about buffs. Now the buffs that we can use have little to no impact as other classes can outmaneuver them with their own buffs.
3. Buff the privateer class. I did see Ratbeard talk about a change to the witchdoctor and privateer class on the forums earlier. Hopefully that could solve this problem.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Merciless Jack Ramsey, 65
Merciless Cass Spencer, 65

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
DeathWiz101378 on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
The whole reason of changing the privateer buffs' lengths was that we would use the weaker ones first, then eventually build up to our giant ones and have a huge boost at once.
The privateer class is a laughing stock at the moment. Our Accuracy and crit buffs are useless because you can override the chance of hitting and going critical by using strength/agility/will buffs. Essentially all of the classes have their own accuracy and critical buffs, plus an increase in damage and relentless/burst/echo chances.
1: Revert the buffs' length back to how it was before the buff change. In other words, Battle Zeal will go back to its 10 round length, Espirit de corps will be 10 as well, and call to arms will go to 5 rounds.
2. Make the Privateer buffs stackable. This class is all about buffs. Now the buffs that we can use have little to no impact as other classes can outmaneuver them with their own buffs.
3. Buff the privateer class. I did see Ratbeard talk about a change to the witchdoctor and privateer class on the forums earlier. Hopefully that could solve this problem.

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Sorry I can't really agree with this for Privy.... Privateers are in the same boat as Witch as neither of them are bad but this would be a major buff.... They just are high maintenance to run in rank pvp.... Trust me if you throw into the arena a Privateer with the follow set+team and you know what you're doing you will most likely consistently win...

Hat - Tower
Robe - Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu
Boots - Gladiator Gaitors (Empire Bundle)/Tower Boots
Weapon - Nefarious Staff
Eyepatch - Soul Shroud
Totem - Tower/Banner
Charm - Sprockets Key (Purge)
Ring - Tower
Pet w/ Scent and maybe an extra heal+protections is all you need... I use my Scent 2+webs pet with grant tide kraken lam rally and jobu.

Companions you can use: Bonnie Nausica and for the last companion you can go for any of the 3
Ghor - gives you a bit more range and helps win the summon war as you can hit from a distance
Baar - 2 more summons and gives you a melee to abuse the barricade strategy with
Goronado - This gives you a lot more offense power so if you see your summons keeping your opponent in a tight position you can apply more pressure.

I personally am making a privy and only got to play on my cousins privy a bit when he visited which was fun since he has everything in the game lol but no Privy are very powerful in this meta since the summons rule but do they lack the most natural potential? 100% they need a minor buff but reverting powers like zeal back to 5 rounds or 10 is a big no no because we'll have the old problem again. Maybe an increase to the # of armor+resistance in that iron will (I think) power will help a lot as armor+resistance actually makes a difference now.

Maybe an increase to the damage increase power, etc that stuff would help a lot. But do Privy suffer in pvp? With the right gear+team not at all.. Welcome to rank pvp you buy the top stuff to compete or maybe it's not for you.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
No no no. As a privateer main I never want it to go that way again your asking them to make a power completely useless and make 2 completely overpowered. Privateers need a little buff not something to completely push then over the top we need more offense not defense our defense is good as it is

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Also have become useless on the battlefield in pve too. With all the new epics added what I am seeing is a one sided assault with no chance for the enemy, no need for defense, and the whole battle being over in too rounds at most. Boring!!!!!!!!!! We did the tower in an hour. Really? Completing this thing used to mean something. Victory is so assured that its not even fun anymore.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
TechnomagePvP on Aug 30, 2015 wrote:
Sorry I can't really agree with this for Privy.... Privateers are in the same boat as Witch as neither of them are bad but this would be a major buff.... They just are high maintenance to run in rank pvp.... Trust me if you throw into the arena a Privateer with the follow set+team and you know what you're doing you will most likely consistently win...

Hat - Tower
Robe - Imperial Robes of Moo Manchu
Boots - Gladiator Gaitors (Empire Bundle)/Tower Boots
Weapon - Nefarious Staff
Eyepatch - Soul Shroud
Totem - Tower/Banner
Charm - Sprockets Key (Purge)
Ring - Tower
Pet w/ Scent and maybe an extra heal+protections is all you need... I use my Scent 2+webs pet with grant tide kraken lam rally and jobu.

Companions you can use: Bonnie Nausica and for the last companion you can go for any of the 3
Ghor - gives you a bit more range and helps win the summon war as you can hit from a distance
Baar - 2 more summons and gives you a melee to abuse the barricade strategy with
Goronado - This gives you a lot more offense power so if you see your summons keeping your opponent in a tight position you can apply more pressure.

I personally am making a privy and only got to play on my cousins privy a bit when he visited which was fun since he has everything in the game lol but no Privy are very powerful in this meta since the summons rule but do they lack the most natural potential? 100% they need a minor buff but reverting powers like zeal back to 5 rounds or 10 is a big no no because we'll have the old problem again. Maybe an increase to the # of armor+resistance in that iron will (I think) power will help a lot as armor+resistance actually makes a difference now.

Maybe an increase to the damage increase power, etc that stuff would help a lot. But do Privy suffer in pvp? With the right gear+team not at all.. Welcome to rank pvp you buy the top stuff to compete or maybe it's not for you.
Ty for the suggestions, but with the companions 4/5 you mentioned are crowns/ crown pack companions. Ghor and Baar are hard to obtain without spending a lot of crowns on the packs that have a small chance of you getting them.
I agree that my ideas probably aren't the best way to go forward. But the privateer class has lost it's purpose because (as stated before) our buffs make little to no impact with the way statistic buffs work now. Critical buffs have become universal, and our critical buffs are much less impactful.
The privateer class naturally ( in terms of our powers) isn't powerful in this meta. The top of the chain consists of swashbucklers and buccaneers. Then, smart musketeers. Witchdoctors and privateers fall in comparison.

I'm sure that the developers didn't have the idea of "you buy the top stuff to compete" when they created the system, but it's probably turned out that way.

Developer

Merciless Jean Percy, 65
Stat buffs have no effect on your accuracy.

Stat buffs will increase your chances of landing a critical hit, and they can increase your chances of triggering chain hit epics.

You still need to successfully land those hits.