Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vengeance Strike

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
How come Vengeance Strike doesn't work against ranged mobs even though they're right next to you?

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
Not one person knows the answer why? I've also noticed that Riposte doesn't work against ranged npc's either. I can understand them not working when they're out of range but you'd think that when they move next to you, both skills would work.

Developer
Melee talents work vs. melee, ranged vs. ranged, and magic vs. magic.

It is set up this way so that you can make smart decisions about which unit to send against which unit.

That said... Who knows what might happen at rank 3 and above?

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Ratbeard on Feb 11, 2013 wrote:
Melee talents work vs. melee, ranged vs. ranged, and magic vs. magic.

It is set up this way so that you can make smart decisions about which unit to send against which unit.

That said... Who knows what might happen at rank 3 and above?

There's gonna be a rank 3!?!

Petty Officer
Jan 13, 2009
Well, I haven't gotten to rank 3 yet, so I don't know. But when mostly melee go against all ranged and have no way to retaliate, it doesn't seem smart. The only option I've found is to try and defeat all the ranged mobs first.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Grintch on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Well, I haven't gotten to rank 3 yet, so I don't know. But when mostly melee go against all ranged and have no way to retaliate, it doesn't seem smart. The only option I've found is to try and defeat all the ranged mobs first.
With my buccaneer i am in cool ranch where mobs are mostly ranged, well i use only melee vs those since:

1. physical damage does more damage vs ranged units wich have less physical armor but are more resistant to magical damage (staffy and shooty are magical beside of some later level shotty weps).

2. strenght based units do more damage vs agility based units (and viceversa).

I don't advice the compelling need to have something for to counter ranged units, instead i am going faster than with my musketeer vs those units, yes i can take a lot of damage but also i don't proc any of enemy retaliate skill beside of overwatch, also never needed healings (atm i don't have a single heal skill on my bar or on my companions) since with focus and heavy single target damage the battles are just a joke , i would take less damage with my musketeer and some healing but it would be slower .

So if future skill ranks will do more things... why not? ihihihi

Community Leader
Grintch on Feb 13, 2013 wrote:
Rank 3 talents are not implemented yet, something for the future.... ;)

I have found taking out the range attackers first a good strategy as their criticals seem to be devastating, and frequent unless completely out of their range, which is seldom with most battleboards. Staying out of a melee mobs range and predicting them (helping to strategize) is a lot easier.

You will find that melee against range is a bit more effective, so have your melee characters get in close and start hammering on them ASAP.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Developer
Dr Zeppers on Feb 14, 2013 wrote:
Rank 3 talents are not implemented yet, something for the future.... ;)

I have found taking out the range attackers first a good strategy as their criticals seem to be devastating, and frequent unless completely out of their range, which is seldom with most battleboards. Staying out of a melee mobs range and predicting them (helping to strategize) is a lot easier.

You will find that melee against range is a bit more effective, so have your melee characters get in close and start hammering on them ASAP.
Buccaneers will be more effective against Musketeers, because Musketeers typically have very low STR.

Swashbucklers are also good-- Musketeers compete with Swashbucklers on an even footing with respect to AGI; however, Swashbucklers just flat-out do so much damage anyway, they're still a good choice.

Here are the stats arrays for each class, in order from best stat to worst stat:

• PRV: WILL, STR, AGI
  • BUC: STR, AGI, WILL
  • SWB: AGI, STR, WILL
  • MSK: AGI, WILL, STR
  • WD: WILL, AGI, STR