Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Peaceful and Loud

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
I was wondering what peaceful and loud are suppose to do? The card says +/- 20%/10% combat threat, but I don't know what that is. My guess is that loud increases the chance of the enemy attacking you and that peacful decreases that chance, but I'm still unclear about their purposes, just like the Soothe, Calm. etc. spells on Wizard101.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
coolster50 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
I was wondering what peaceful and loud are suppose to do? The card says +/- 20%/10% combat threat, but I don't know what that is. My guess is that loud increases the chance of the enemy attacking you and that peacful decreases that chance, but I'm still unclear about their purposes, just like the Soothe, Calm. etc. spells on Wizard101.
From what i've observed, I'm a buccaneer with loud by the way, when the battle starts, all the enemies come to me.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
coolster50 on Jan 21, 2013 wrote:
Peaceful and loud work both toward the "aggro" an enemy could have toward you or one of your companions, more specifically for aggro is meant how much attention someone (player or companion) get from enemies, is a common mechanic in mmorpg games, could be more simple to explain with an example: if you and a companion of your are attacking the same enemy and you do 100 damage meantime your companion does 50, the enemy will prolly have more chance to attack you than your companion, loud and peaceful works into increase or lower this chance; it is useful for example for low armor/high damage/area damage characters (otherwise knowed as glass cannons/crowd controllers) like swashbucker or musketeer to have peaceful since it lower the chance of enemies to attack them, meantime a buccaneer/privateer could prefer to receive attention from mobs for to let usually high damage companions to attack and survive better, infact buccaneers in Pirate 101 are considered to fit the "tank" role wich means they are able to take a lot of damage and receive mob attention.

Both peaceful and loud work only for pve.

Hope it help

Eccentric Roberto Bellamy
Duke of Hannibal