Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

is this a bug? zero moo robe warriors

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
I used the moo robe during a PVP match and got zero warriors. Thats right, zero. Is that a bug?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
stormy quentin ver... on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
I used the moo robe during a PVP match and got zero warriors. Thats right, zero. Is that a bug?
Lol, maybe they went a little overboard with the nerf... and you're a witch :/

Or maybe the RNG range is too big (including zero which would be extreme bad luck?)

I think summons numbers should be based on class, Witch should have like a minimum of 3, privy maybe a tad less, and others even less.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormy quentin ver... on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Well, I guess you failed your 25% RNG. That's how the Cotta crumbles....

Developer
I may (*may*) have a chance to goose the WILL portion of the RNG up a bit in an upcoming patch. I'm away from work this week, so it depends on the timing.

Quentin, buy yourself a lottery ticket today. Maybe it will balance out!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
just did the math for the probability of this at the base chance for them of 25%, it was .0750846863% and since your a witch with near 100 will the probability of this is easily lower

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Nope. Now since the Warriors have a 25% chance to come, that's just some bad luck there.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
I may (*may*) have a chance to goose the WILL portion of the RNG up a bit in an upcoming patch. I'm away from work this week, so it depends on the timing.

Quentin, buy yourself a lottery ticket today. Maybe it will balance out!
Instead of bumping the will counter why not set hard limits? Here is what I mean:

If you have between 0-49 will the moo robes will summon 0-3 warriors guaranteed.

If you have 50-69 will the moo robes will summon 4-6 warriors guaranteed.

If you have 70-100 will the moo robes will summon 7-9 warriors guaranteed.

This will limit the rng factor while also making the robe more consistent for the will based classes-a win win.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:
Instead of bumping the will counter why not set hard limits? Here is what I mean:

If you have between 0-49 will the moo robes will summon 0-3 warriors guaranteed.

This will limit the rng factor while also making the robe more consistent for the will based classes-a win win.
That's what I've been suggesting above.

Though I think 7-9 for 70-100 will is a bit much. Witches/Privy easily reach 100 will, which means the "nerf" ends up useless.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Obviously there is a bug here. The percentage is so low for zero warriors to appear, yet it has already happened to me 3 times, prob 10% of the matches in which I have used them

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on Sep 24, 2015 wrote:

Something similar was my suggestion in one of the earlier threads on how to improve WD in PvP.

That is an awesome idea.

Sincerely.
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
stormy quentin ver... on Sep 29, 2015 wrote:
Obviously there is a bug here. The percentage is so low for zero warriors to appear, yet it has already happened to me 3 times, prob 10% of the matches in which I have used them
Actually if you read the update notes carefully, it is most likely that there will be 0 terror cottas then any other number.

"Each Warrior has only a 25% chance to be summoned when called. This base chance increases as the caster's Will increases."

According to this EACH warrior has 75% chance to not appear. Which is really high chances for you to get 0 Terrors.

How Will does effect this percentage is not known, but it could be as low as 5% per 100 will for each Terror Cotta. This is just my guess.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Duncan StormThief on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
Actually if you read the update notes carefully, it is most likely that there will be 0 terror cottas then any other number.

"Each Warrior has only a 25% chance to be summoned when called. This base chance increases as the caster's Will increases."

According to this EACH warrior has 75% chance to not appear. Which is really high chances for you to get 0 Terrors.

How Will does effect this percentage is not known, but it could be as low as 5% per 100 will for each Terror Cotta. This is just my guess.

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
Duncan, I read the notes carefully. To get zero warriors, the chances are 0.75 to the 9th power. That is just under 8%. But what I meant about it being bugged was that the will boost seems to be doing nothing, but who knows, maybe its just 1% lol

Developer
Assuming you target a location that allows you to possibly summon into all nine squares (no barrels, no opponents, etc.) your odds of getting at least one warrior are over 90%.

And that's at just the base 25%. Since nobody has literally 0 WILL, the odds are a little better than that.

So no, you're not particularly likely to see zero. Stormy Quentin, as a witchdoctor with presumably good WILL, is much less likely to see zero warriors.

If you can approach a 50% summon rate (with really high WILL) your odds of zero warriors in 9 squares is much less than 1%.

If you're not summoning into a clear area that would allow for 9 summons, you really hurt your chances. It is in the repeat summon attempts that probability starts to work for you.

Also, this conversation is somewhat moot, as with the next patch the WILL-based portion of the summon rate will be improved.

Developer
stormy quentin ver... on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:
Duncan, I read the notes carefully. To get zero warriors, the chances are 0.75 to the 9th power. That is just under 8%. But what I meant about it being bugged was that the will boost seems to be doing nothing, but who knows, maybe its just 1% lol
It was not just 1%-- but it was a small increase based on your total WILL. The bonus allotment had to account for some edge cases, so prior to the tweak, the WILL bonus was small, and the max chance was capped. Both the bonus and the cap are increased with the next patch.

Now, I think it's likely that this upcoming uptweak on the Robe will just cause a flood of the old complaints-- but that is preferable to leaving WDs in the dust for another season. This is a case of "the devil you know."

More sweeping changes to the WD class (and any class, really) can't be rushed through on a schedule just to meet the demands of a particular PvP season. That's not to say that we are unresponsive to balance issues-- just that some things can be tweaked quickly, or even added quickly, and some things will take more time. Some things work within the existing tech framework, and some things require new tech. And sometimes that new tech breaks old things that were working just fine! (We suffered a few of those in this last update.)

There are lots of things we'd like to add to almost every class, but not on a rush schedule.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Duncan StormThief on Sep 30, 2015 wrote:

Sincerely,
Stubborn Duncan Freeman
no thats not how probability works at all i am sorry to say your calculations are way off my post above shows how likely it is for 0 to show