Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should the Presidio Companions recieve a buff?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
So I was on my Privateer after I bought 5k crowns, and since I had 1k leftover, I decided to buy my Privateer a helpful companion. I sadly chose Birgus, and was Planning on getting Sergeant Shepherd to make up for the lost Jack Russell. However, It came down to Shepherd and Wu Tang(Fake Wing Chun). It was a tough choice at first, as both were good privateer companions who could dish a lot of damage. But then I realized. "Wait, They may be comparable now, but Wu Tang unlike Shepherd has more powers than them, and will increasingly get better/more powers along the way, so Wu Tang is the obvious choice." and so I made the purchase and I like Wu Tang. But this brings the question, should the Presidio Companions(Birgus, Gaspard, Milo, Jack, Mike) receive a power buff, similar to the Kraken's Companions(Louis, Mormo, Sarah, Barnabus, Emmet) to make them more useful? If so, I might as well make a list.

Birgus:
"Feeling Crabby"
Would receive after the first promo,(With the damage being -25% instead of 50%) and then getting an upgrade to -50% after the second promotion
Self-Target
-50% Melee Reduction, +25% Weapon Power to self
Protects Adjacent allies(Gallant Defense effect)
Lasts for 5 turns
I think this is a good fit because of his First Strikes and trainable Vengeance strikes, allowing for extreme chains(not to mention Bladestorm)
Mike:
"Preservation"
Would get after his First Promo
Self-Target
Unkillable for 3 turns(can go as low as 5%)
This would be fun because not only does he have tide, but it takes advantage of him being a zombie(which are difficult to take down). This would also help him get off all kinds of melee chains(Veng/Riposte combo)

Milo: I don't have a signature power for this one yet, but I think it should start on the poison, getting the weakest one after promotion one, and going up one tier per promotion. Just to add "Cheapness" to the character, and since it is a buckler, it is a nice touch.

Jack: Since he is a privateer, it is fitting for him to give buffs, but let's not fall back to the Call to arms, team heals, or regular heals. I am thinking of the Valor's line(starting from Valor's Shield gained after the first promo) Because he is a dog, and dogs are loyal and protective. Yes I know this could be considered OP, but since he only gets one buff, it won't be too difficult to deal with.

Gaspard: I will admit, This is my least favorite Presidio Companion(Basically all buckler epics on a Bucc), but regardless

"Valencian art."
Gained after First Promotion
Self-Target
+35% dodge and +10% critical Chance for 5 turns

This is so that he can utilize his Riposte/First Strike better, while making it better known about his Valencian roots.

I know it is a bit inconsistent in some areas(some getting upgrades, while others don't) But these are my ideas. If you have your own, please do tell or explain why they shouldn't get buffed. Thanks for reading

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Sam Templet... on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
So I was on my Privateer after I bought 5k crowns, and since I had 1k leftover, I decided to buy my Privateer a helpful companion. I sadly chose Birgus, and was Planning on getting Sergeant Shepherd to make up for the lost Jack Russell. However, It came down to Shepherd and Wu Tang(Fake Wing Chun). It was a tough choice at first, as both were good privateer companions who could dish a lot of damage. But then I realized. "Wait, They may be comparable now, but Wu Tang unlike Shepherd has more powers than them, and will increasingly get better/more powers along the way, so Wu Tang is the obvious choice." and so I made the purchase and I like Wu Tang. But this brings the question, should the Presidio Companions(Birgus, Gaspard, Milo, Jack, Mike) receive a power buff, similar to the Kraken's Companions(Louis, Mormo, Sarah, Barnabus, Emmet) to make them more useful? If so, I might as well make a list.

Birgus:
"Feeling Crabby"
Would receive after the first promo,(With the damage being -25% instead of 50%) and then getting an upgrade to -50% after the second promotion
Self-Target
-50% Melee Reduction, +25% Weapon Power to self
Protects Adjacent allies(Gallant Defense effect)
Lasts for 5 turns
I think this is a good fit because of his First Strikes and trainable Vengeance strikes, allowing for extreme chains(not to mention Bladestorm)
Mike:
"Preservation"
Would get after his First Promo
Self-Target
Unkillable for 3 turns(can go as low as 5%)
This would be fun because not only does he have tide, but it takes advantage of him being a zombie(which are difficult to take down). This would also help him get off all kinds of melee chains(Veng/Riposte combo)

Milo: I don't have a signature power for this one yet, but I think it should start on the poison, getting the weakest one after promotion one, and going up one tier per promotion. Just to add "Cheapness" to the character, and since it is a buckler, it is a nice touch.

Jack: Since he is a privateer, it is fitting for him to give buffs, but let's not fall back to the Call to arms, team heals, or regular heals. I am thinking of the Valor's line(starting from Valor's Shield gained after the first promo) Because he is a dog, and dogs are loyal and protective. Yes I know this could be considered OP, but since he only gets one buff, it won't be too difficult to deal with.

Gaspard: I will admit, This is my least favorite Presidio Companion(Basically all buckler epics on a Bucc), but regardless

"Valencian art."
Gained after First Promotion
Self-Target
+35% dodge and +10% critical Chance for 5 turns

This is so that he can utilize his Riposte/First Strike better, while making it better known about his Valencian roots.

I know it is a bit inconsistent in some areas(some getting upgrades, while others don't) But these are my ideas. If you have your own, please do tell or explain why they shouldn't get buffed. Thanks for reading
Over Powered.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2015 wrote:
Over Powered.
Okay.... remember they don't have to be these ideas, these were just examples . Is there a reason you don't want the presidio companions buffed?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Sam Templet... on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
Okay.... remember they don't have to be these ideas, these were just examples . Is there a reason you don't want the presidio companions buffed?
Our recent training points for our companions has solved most of these issues, they're all now on a par with even our class trainer companions. Besides we don't know what is in store for our companions when the story line update arrives.
There will definitely be promotions and new powers/talents available.