Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about the "Firstmate" Crew Select Option

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Hello everyone! I think the title sums up the point of this post. So, on my Witchdoctor I've been trying out the "Firstmate" Option for selecting your crew in battle. I was just wondering:
Does it still matter what order your crew is, or is it true random after your Firstmate? What I mean, is that Pre-2014 update, crew selection was always: firstmate, then percentage chances for others based on their position in the roster. Is it still like that and the numbers just aren't showing?

Thank you very much and I hope you have a fantastic week.

PO Bloody Kiley Fisher, Level 17 Gold Human

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone! I think the title sums up the point of this post. So, on my Witchdoctor I've been trying out the "Firstmate" Option for selecting your crew in battle. I was just wondering:
Does it still matter what order your crew is, or is it true random after your Firstmate? What I mean, is that Pre-2014 update, crew selection was always: firstmate, then percentage chances for others based on their position in the roster. Is it still like that and the numbers just aren't showing?

You have more of a choice now. Go into your options (The gear icon at the drop down menu at the top of your screen) and you can select either the first three as your "always" crew, including your First Mate (unless they are wounded), select First Mate and the rest of the crew will be random available crew or you can select it to be totally random from all crew that is not on a task.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:

First mate shows for every battle ( unless on "bed-rest" ) and the rest of the crew is random selection.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
No, whoever is your firstmate followed by two companions (next to firstmate) will join you in battle. The only exception to this is promotion quests for some companions, so a battle in Old Scratch promotion (this is just an example) will have Old Scratch fight for you even if he is not one of your first three companions.