Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New PvP Match making system

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 21, 2013
The PvP in this game is pretty random. There can only be two games on a realm: one in Brawlin' Hall and one in The Spar Chamber. Also, it's boring waiting for the battle to end because the view is pretty just like watching a battle without all the slow-mo or sound effects. I think they should make it like Wizard101 PvP: Multiple battles at a time, different battle stages, Ranked PvP, tournaments, and Spectating. Please reply if you agree with me.

See you in the Spiral!

Crazy Mitchell level 65 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
Oh yea, definitely. There are actually a lot of other topics about PVP; and how it should be changed. Some topics concerning a Ranking System, New Dueling Arenas, and Multiple Victory Conditions. The only, I think, thing that has been confirmed so far is the ranking. For tournaments, I think KI strongly believe in pirate101central.com and what they do. Nothing is wrong with a fan site alright; but if tournaments and competitions are not OFFICIALLY made by the game producers themselves, then where is the taste in it? A fan site alone's not as efficient; Pirate101 developers, by name, must continuously get involved with the community of the game. Although, I understand they're doing their best and hard working to improve the game. Gotta give some credit!! Thanks KI.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What needs to be remembered is that pvp is a secondary purpose of the game. The main function is to provide a good storyline to play through. That needs to come first before all the additions like pvp, crafting, morphing, etc.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
What needs to be remembered is that pvp is a secondary purpose of the game. The main function is to provide a good storyline to play through. That needs to come first before all the additions like pvp, crafting, morphing, etc.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
for many people questing and the story is the secondary purpose of the game, don't forget the other people who play this game

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
They should be added, but also tweaked, cause let's face it, you go to the PvP board on the W101 forum, there's a lot of complaining(I've even posted a few things there in the past if you want to look). First: Find a way to stop "puppet" teams. The solution to that is to find two teams whose strongest pirate are the same level(I.e. a lvl 65 & lvl 54 vs. lvl 65 & lvl 65). Next, make sure the "join a random team" feature puts together people who are very very close in level, so as to not drastically tip the scales in one side's favor(like with the example I gave above this sentence). My next thing, for 1v1, put people together who are the same level and ranking(like in the case of W101, don't put a Private against a Warlord). No other problems come to mind; if I've forgotten something please let me know.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65