Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Musketeer abilities with a mixed weapon?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I'm not sure whether this is an error, or an intentional limitation of abilities, but here goes. My musketeer, Maria Mitchell, got a better weapon as a drop - a rapier & pistol combo - and equipped it. She had happily just earned English Bill's jacket, which gives 'true grit', and was wearing this. She got shot (several times) by enemies with spark guns, but at no time did her 'true grit' activate. Nor did her 'double tap' when she defeated enemies. Thus, do these specifically musketeer abilities activate if you have a 'shooty weapon' only? Or is this something that needs to be fixed in the future?

I apologize if this question has been asked before... it probably has, I would guess.

Administrator
Anne Radcliffe on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure whether this is an error, or an intentional limitation of abilities, but here goes. My musketeer, Maria Mitchell, got a better weapon as a drop - a rapier & pistol combo - and equipped it. She had happily just earned English Bill's jacket, which gives 'true grit', and was wearing this. She got shot (several times) by enemies with spark guns, but at no time did her 'true grit' activate. Nor did her 'double tap' when she defeated enemies. Thus, do these specifically musketeer abilities activate if you have a 'shooty weapon' only? Or is this something that needs to be fixed in the future?

I apologize if this question has been asked before... it probably has, I would guess.
Hi Anne!

Just to be sure, was your target more than one square away from you? If yes, then your combination weapon wouldn't work in this fashion. If your (unhidden) enemy who used a ranged attack against you, however, was only one square away, we'll need to know which weapon it was that you were using so we can further test.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thanks, Jack! I think a suitable target was only a square away but double-tap did not activate; however, I am quite sure she was shot at a longer distance (when the true grit did not activate... and evidently is not supposed to). But really, I wasn't paying sufficient attention at the time. I will have to explore this further, now that I know how it is supposed to work. Thank you very much!