Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Moo's Wand Questions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Soo ive had Moo's wand for a while now and as most know that have obtained this wand it comes with a talent called Coward's Bane.

My question is has any other witchdoctor that has the wand every had coward's bane work?

I know how the talent works since Mormo comes with it and i used him for almost all of Skull Island.Ive tried several times to put myself into groups of enemys to get the talent to trigger and no matter what i do it has never worked for me.I am starting to wonder if the talent is bugged on the wand.

Another question i have is why when you look at the talent card on the wand does it have a picture of a pistol in the upper right corner and not a picture of a staff? Shouldn't it be a staff instead of a pistol? I mean after all its a talent mostly used by witchdoctors and most witchdoctors use staffs.

Crual Darius Blake(lvl 50 )

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
soo no other witchdoctor can comment?

Maybe almighty Jack or Ratbeard can reply?

Administrator
Looking at this weapon, it appears to be . . . wrong. It's a staffy weapon with a card that requires a shooty weapon to work. I'll see if I can find out more information for you.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
ah well then thank you very much now i have one less thing bugging my mind lol

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ah one of the better kept PvP secrets has been revealed. Well now that the cat is out of the bag I have some information that I can reveal to One Eyed Jack based on my own extensive testing of Moo's Wand.

If you look at the symbol next to the damage for Moo's wand you will notice the target symbol instead of the staff symbol. What does this mean? It means that Moo Manchu's wand is a staffy weapon that does shooty damage. This simple change has a number of effects including:

A) All shooty attacks work- From Uncanny shot to Storm round any shooty power obtained via points or gear can be utilized with this staffy weapon.

B) Musketeer Epics obtained via gear will trigger- I have tested Moo's wand with Santa Rana's Hat(gives overwatch) and English Bill's outfit(gives True Grit) and both do trigger and work as expected. Being a Swashbuckler, I do not have access to natural musketeer talents such as Double Tap and Quick Draw so I do not know if inherent Epics will work with Moo's wand. However, the rules of consistency dictate that this is most likely the case.

C) Animations are varied- Attacking naturally with Moo Manchu's wand will show the typical witchdoctor associated staffy animations. Even using a critical strike will trigger staffy animations. However using any musketeer power such as Storm Round, Hurricane Round or Uncanny Shot will not trigger any animations. Instead the damage will appear above the enemy with no action from the character's avatar leaving the amusing impression that you attacked with your psychic powers.(Which was a running joke between my friends and I while we were farming Friar Sand) Interestingly upon killing an enemy in this way, the enemy's corpse does not immediately fade but lingers until the end of the round.

These effects lead to some interesting possibilities for Musketeers(remember Moo's wand has 6 range) which is why I chuckle silently upon hearing Musketeers state that they do not have any epic end game weaponry.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
Ah one of the better kept PvP secrets has been revealed. Well now that the cat is out of the bag I have some information that I can reveal to One Eyed Jack based on my own extensive testing of Moo's Wand.

If you look at the symbol next to the damage for Moo's wand you will notice the target symbol instead of the staff symbol. What does this mean? It means that Moo Manchu's wand is a staffy weapon that does shooty damage. This simple change has a number of effects including:

A) All shooty attacks work- From Uncanny shot to Storm round any shooty power obtained via points or gear can be utilized with this staffy weapon.

B) Musketeer Epics obtained via gear will trigger- I have tested Moo's wand with Santa Rana's Hat(gives overwatch) and English Bill's outfit(gives True Grit) and both do trigger and work as expected. Being a Swashbuckler, I do not have access to natural musketeer talents such as Double Tap and Quick Draw so I do not know if inherent Epics will work with Moo's wand. However, the rules of consistency dictate that this is most likely the case.

C) Animations are varied- Attacking naturally with Moo Manchu's wand will show the typical witchdoctor associated staffy animations. Even using a critical strike will trigger staffy animations. However using any musketeer power such as Storm Round, Hurricane Round or Uncanny Shot will not trigger any animations. Instead the damage will appear above the enemy with no action from the character's avatar leaving the amusing impression that you attacked with your psychic powers.(Which was a running joke between my friends and I while we were farming Friar Sand) Interestingly upon killing an enemy in this way, the enemy's corpse does not immediately fade but lingers until the end of the round.

These effects lead to some interesting possibilities for Musketeers(remember Moo's wand has 6 range) which is why I chuckle silently upon hearing Musketeers state that they do not have any epic end game weaponry.
while i see your point and have noticed this myself when wearing the black jade jandels which has a crit strike card that only works when having either moo's wand or shooty talent.

The main point to my post is to look into correcting a issue.

Coward's Bane is a witchdoctor epic. tMaking a wand to be used with both witch and musk skills(if infact thats what the idea was when making the wand) has seemed to bug the witchdoctor epic that comes on the wand.

As ive stated i have tested several different ways and never had coward's bane trigger and from the looks of this thread no one with the wand has had it trigger either.

I don't mind it being able to cast most musk skills along with witchdoctor but i farmed for the wand for coward's bane since witchdoctors don't naturally get any epics to learn it was nice to have it on somthing i could wear but it is a big waste of time if infact the epic doesn't work since the staff you get for finishing the mooshu quest line has more dmg then moo's wand.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
CaptainBlackBart on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
while i see your point and have noticed this myself when wearing the black jade jandels which has a crit strike card that only works when having either moo's wand or shooty talent.

The main point to my post is to look into correcting a issue.

Coward's Bane is a witchdoctor epic. tMaking a wand to be used with both witch and musk skills(if infact thats what the idea was when making the wand) has seemed to bug the witchdoctor epic that comes on the wand.

As ive stated i have tested several different ways and never had coward's bane trigger and from the looks of this thread no one with the wand has had it trigger either.

I don't mind it being able to cast most musk skills along with witchdoctor but i farmed for the wand for coward's bane since witchdoctors don't naturally get any epics to learn it was nice to have it on somthing i could wear but it is a big waste of time if infact the epic doesn't work since the staff you get for finishing the mooshu quest line has more dmg then moo's wand.
Don't get me wrong CaptainBlackBart, I agree with you that the talent given on the wand should work. The point of my post was to provide Jack with extensive information that I have already gathered since he stated he is looking into it. Looking at the power on the wand it seems like 2 simple changes could fix this. Simply change the symbol on the cowards bane card from a gun to a staff or change cowards bane to parting shot. That being siad moo manchu's staff is still very useful in its current state due to the ability to use musketeer talents and being the longest range weapon in the game along with phlues wand. This range allows you the more effective use of any range based spells such as the mojo strike series, jobus breath series and summons.

Administrator
Thanks for the extra information on this wand! Closing this thread now as we further investigate it.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*