Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbuckler Info.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2011
I've decided Swashbucklers are my favorite and I'd like to get more involved in the Message Board, so I'm making this post for people who have questions related to swashbucklers. I'm not a max level yet so my knoweledge is limited, but I'll tell you all I know (hopefully a lot). I encourage other swashbucklers to post here as well.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Ensign
Oct 10, 2012
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I just reached level 50 yesterday, and also had finally opened up Haunted Skyway. I will help ForceofDeath as much as possible if someone has questions concerning Swashbucklers.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
wayhaulaway on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
What level are you?
At this time, I'm level 35. I'm still going through the motions but I'll tell you all I know.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
Shiningfantasia on Dec 1, 2012 wrote:
I just reached level 50 yesterday, and also had finally opened up Haunted Skyway. I will help ForceofDeath as much as possible if someone has questions concerning Swashbucklers.
How did you reach that level before opening Haunted Skyway? I'm now level 37 and I am part way done with it.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
LOL, I was loading something in the game and it said it was loading "chameleon fail".

Ensign
May 07, 2011
I know some of you are confused about Back Stab and what it is and how you do it. Well Back Stab is basically our special attacks called Sneak Attack, Back Stab, and Assassin's Strike. If you hide before using these, then their power will increase. When I was just in my Lv. 20's I was able to hit over 700 sometimes with back stab. The best way to hit htis high is when fighitng on a ship, go to your enemy's ship to activate the pirate boost effect (+25% damage) then hide using Walk in Darkness (increases back stab the most) and finally strike and hope for critical.

Community Leader
forceofdeath on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
How did you reach that level before opening Haunted Skyway? I'm now level 37 and I am part way done with it.
Apparently it's possible to grind it out. I think he did a lot of pet farming.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Hey guys. Level 29 Swashbuckler. Really love the class but trying to find out when i get my next epic talent with him aside from First Strike2 at 40. Thanks for the help.

Slick Logan Noble

Community Leader
JokersWyld on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
Hey guys. Level 29 Swashbuckler. Really love the class but trying to find out when i get my next epic talent with him aside from First Strike2 at 40. Thanks for the help.

Slick Logan Noble
Riposte was added with the update that went live this morning and is available at lvl 37.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Sep 02, 2012
Sweet Deal! Super excited about that then. Although I must say, for being a main character, I find that our extra abilities/power a little underwhelming and still do not out way our companion's 3+ epic talents they receive. It's good that we now have 2 epics(that I know of) with riposte and first strike, but what about relentless? Just a thought for my fellow pirate enthusiasts. We need Mo' Powah'!

Thanks for reading,

Slick Logan Noble

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Yea, if we got relentless, I'd think that would make us a bit "overpowered" lol. I love the fact that I now have Riposte.

And yea, I did a LOT of pet farming. Of course, doing so in turn increased my exp by a large amount, allowing me to level up quite a bit over the course of my grind.

Exp grinding in this game is therefore a lot easier than in Wizard101, which is downright impossible in that game. Since I do categorize myself as a grinder, I prefer to leave quests on stand by while I have my own fun. I keep myself very entertained that way, and I just love grinding away at my own pace, doing my own thing, not dictated around by some quest.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My highest two characters are a swashbuckler and a witchdoctor, both at level 26. I may like the swashbuckler a little better, although the witchdoctor may be a bit more powerful (he seems to have a little more trouble with some boss fights than she does). Or that may be that the witchdoctor cheats - she hangs out with a privateer.

But I certainly enjoy the swashbuckler a great deal. I like being highly mobile and dodgy!

-Michael

Captain
May 02, 2009
What is the best gear to get level 15-30 swashbucklers?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Best equipment to find would be Duck with No Name, who drops all kinds of level 20+ stuff for all classes. Not sure about the 'best' equipment, but he is a boss that drops good stuff. He even drops the necklace AND ring that gives Swashbucklers the "Rally" ability, a major heal that does healing over time over a few turns. The fact that you can use that twice could be a very nice help for difficult fights.

I actually do not know of any other bosses that drop 'the good stuff' beyond level 20. Have not found them.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2009
I'm a level 28 Swashbuckler, and I'm wondering what companions should you have max without buying any from the Crown Shop (I just entered Port Regal by the way).

Ensign
Oct 28, 2011
I can help you i am max lvl 50. Complete mooshu. Also i will give some info:the best swashbuckler weapon so far is spy's defense 129 to something damage if not gear counted and epic talents also talents you get it in the last quest of mooshu wich is also when you become lvl 50 and we can do about 2,300 damage

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
Hey i'm level 44 and i need some advice, I've heard that you get the best gear in hama- whatever in mooshu but where?

Ensign
May 17, 2011
Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2010
Dinoreaper1 on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
Hey i'm level 44 and i need some advice, I've heard that you get the best gear in hama- whatever in mooshu but where?
The best gear ive found that isnt bought but dropped by mobs is in maruzame the back of the turtle after you gather all the turtle balls up. The 5 trials drop great gear for all classes. As far as bought gear goes the level 45 gear is sold in sujimora village up by the entrance to valley of the titans. Hammamitsu is the starting area for mooshu and does not offer the best gear in mooshu but it is level 40 not 45. I farm the trials every day at least 4 or 5 times all 5 trials i have gotten almost all the medallions and specialized gear for all classes still missing any worthwhile drops from metal trial have done that trial at least 45 times and nothing yet mostly gold. I personally think metal trial is bugged but im still waiting to hear back if thats the case or not. Best of luck pirate!

Ensign
Jun 14, 2012
coolster50 on Dec 15, 2012 wrote:
What is the best gear to get level 15-30 swashbucklers?
Well it depends. I am level 46 and I choose to get more health than anything in the gear ex. my ring, my hat, my token and my necklace (I haven't bought the outfit and shoes that give you +63 health) all give +63 health to me so when I should have 1800 health I have 2200 health. Or if you want more attack then you need will if you are a witchdoctor and agility if you are a swashbuckler or a muskeeter and strength if you are a privateer or a bucaneer

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Swashbucklers are so powerful, they dont really need much health, they need accuracy and damage. The more damage the better. Not that they actually need much accuracy, as they have many attack cards that do massive damage, but accuracy does help with first attack and riposte epic talents!

These are my suggestions for the Swashbuckler.

DarthJT

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Fire lord on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
I can help you i am max lvl 50. Complete mooshu. Also i will give some info:the best swashbuckler weapon so far is spy's defense 129 to something damage if not gear counted and epic talents also talents you get it in the last quest of mooshu wich is also when you become lvl 50 and we can do about 2,300 damage
Err, I am curious. What is the best Swashbuckler weapon you can get? I'd be eager to try to find it.

Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Shiningfantasia on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Err, I am curious. What is the best Swashbuckler weapon you can get? I'd be eager to try to find it.
Hey Shiningfantasia,

Its the Spy's Defense - 149 - 205. You get it from Speaking to Cao Tzu at the end of mooshu. Thats the best swashbuckler weapon you can probably get your hands on.

Angel Xiriga