Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Powers: Privateer

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Ratbeard on the main boards stated that he is considering new powers for the next update. Assuming we get a 10 lvl update I figure the addition of 4-5 new talents/powers could be warranted. Here are my ideas for privateer powers.

Name: Repel Boarders 2
Lvl Required: 66
Type: Epic Talent(Passive)
Range: Weapon Range
AoE: Single Target
Effect: Bonus attack when enemy gets in range x3
Explanation: One step closer to the sweet -50% accuracy debuff.

Name: Valors Palisade
Lvl Required: 68
Type: Power(Active)
Range: Infinite
AoE: All Team Members
Effect: -25% damage to all team mates.
Explanation: A Defensive power that enables the Privateer to better protect his/her team.

Name: Tactical Warfare
Lvl Required: 71
Range: Weapon Range(3 minimum)
AoE: Single Target(Companion Only)
Effect: Add your Pirate's weapon power to the selected companion for 1 round. Privateer loses 50% weapon power the next round.
Explanation: A power that significantly improves a Privateer's offensive prowess. Note that this is a weapon power increase which affects everything the companion does from the initial attack to any chain/responsive epics.

Name: Advanced Warfare
Lvl Required: 73
Effect: Selected Companion takes no damage for 1 round. Privateer takes 50% of the damage dealt to selected companion.
Explanation: The ultimate defensive move that nullifies all damage at a price.

Name: Total Warfare
Lvl Required: 75
Range: Self+Adjacent
AoE: All Friendly Units in Range
Effect: Selected Units become Bloodlusted for 3 rounds, ends when deals damage
Explanation: A Power that functions very similarly to Black Fog. Bloodlusted units gain 2 movement range, +25% damage and ignore movement based epics/powers. This means they are unaffected by Hold The Line, Repel Boarders, Parting Shot (and the Magical and Ranged equivalents) while also ignoring slowing and knockback powers such as Frozen Tide or Widows touch.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:
Ratbeard on the main boards stated that he is considering new powers for the next update. Assuming we get a 10 lvl update I figure the addition of 4-5 new talents/powers could be warranted. Here are my ideas for privateer powers.

Explanation: A Defensive power that enables the Privateer to better protect his/her team.

Effect: Add your Pirate's weapon power to the selected companion for 1 round. Privateer loses 50% weapon power the next round.
Explanation: A power that significantly improves a Privateer's offensive prowess. Note that this is a weapon power increase which affects everything the companion does from the initial attack to any chain/responsive epics.

Effect: Selected Companion takes no damage for 1 round. Privateer takes 50% of the damage dealt to selected companion.

Explanation: A Power that functions very similarly to Black Fog. Bloodlusted units gain 2 movement range, +25% damage and ignore movement based epics/powers. This means they are unaffected by Hold The Line, Repel Boarders, Parting Shot (and the Magical and Ranged equivalents) while also ignoring slowing and knockback powers such as Frozen Tide or Widows touch.
Don't like how you (kind of) stole my idea a bit, but you know what, I don't really care. These powers are AWESOME!

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Maybe another heal will be given??

~Clever Finnigan Voss~

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Eric Stormbringer on Aug 13, 2015 wrote:

Valors Palissade: Why not, but there's already a power with similar effect: Tower of iron will.
I'd rather see that aoe valor from raiding tackle (from crown shop, forgot exact power name)

Tactical warfare: I love that one :) But why minimum 3 weapon range?

Repel 2 is a given, and I dont mind the rest :P

Edit: While I'm at it, I'd love to see spell power buff(s)

And maybe a talent similar to turn the tide, but increases spell power and/or will instead?

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
ANYTHING but another repel boarders please ratbeard that is the bane of privateers, i will NOT train anymore powers that require me to have another repel boarders it is not worth it vs melee classes at all and is useless vs ranged classes

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
zuto4011a on Aug 17, 2015 wrote:
ANYTHING but another repel boarders please ratbeard that is the bane of privateers, i will NOT train anymore powers that require me to have another repel boarders it is not worth it vs melee classes at all and is useless vs ranged classes
But ... repel boarders 3 is useful .... especially to help stop chain combos. plus, that will make dress the line more of a useful power, as you can get repel 3 without investing in gear. I admit, one and two are not very helpful, but tier 3 is. Plus, since you can train relentless and get will based privateer weapons, we can actually do combos that deal decent damage now. The only "problem" I see is breaking hide, but don't most use hide to counter buckler's hide anyways? When timed, they can't trigger your hide while they are hidden. I guess I need further details