Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Armadillo Verde

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Okay, I have to say this, I am very disappointed in the way my Armadillo Verdes turned out.

After 2 years of farming, I finally got 2 Armadillo Verde on both of my Accounts. I know many others that have the Armadillo Verde also and all of them got, of course riposte 1, relentless 1, and pretty much 1 other talent that is pretty much useless, or not very beneficial.

None of us got Riposte 2, or Relentless 2, or another possible good talent.

Many of our other pets got something along the lines of First Strike 2, Flanking 2, and cheap shot, or Relentless, Merciless, and May cast buff, etc. I mean many other pets just totally got better stuff than a very rare and great pet that many have spent so much time on getting, I just don't understand why?

I even bought a Christmas pet, it gives my character the ability to Bladestorm... So are the best pets the ones we have to spend money on?

I am not sure why our Armadillo Verde were not give the chance to get Advanced Talents like other pets were, it should have been able to get riposte 2 or relentless 2 or cast a buff. Just my opinion, but I am disappointed.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
The ONLY other really good Epic ability the Armadillo Verde got was Pirate 1, which gives him a +25% attack power when he is on the enemy ship. I have only 2 of the rascals, and the one I got most recently got the ability. It makes the Armadillo "decent" during ship-board combat. However, I am sticking with my original armadillo, because he can use Mojo Strike and Sneak Attack. Besides, Pirate 1 would only be really useful if you LOVED ship to ship combat. However, keep breeding with other pets, and you may get something truly epic.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
HugsLadyBugs on May 12, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I have to say this, I am very disappointed in the way my Armadillo Verdes turned out.

After 2 years of farming, I finally got 2 Armadillo Verde on both of my Accounts. I know many others that have the Armadillo Verde also and all of them got, of course riposte 1, relentless 1, and pretty much 1 other talent that is pretty much useless, or not very beneficial.

None of us got Riposte 2, or Relentless 2, or another possible good talent.

Many of our other pets got something along the lines of First Strike 2, Flanking 2, and cheap shot, or Relentless, Merciless, and May cast buff, etc. I mean many other pets just totally got better stuff than a very rare and great pet that many have spent so much time on getting, I just don't understand why?

I even bought a Christmas pet, it gives my character the ability to Bladestorm... So are the best pets the ones we have to spend money on?

I am not sure why our Armadillo Verde were not give the chance to get Advanced Talents like other pets were, it should have been able to get riposte 2 or relentless 2 or cast a buff. Just my opinion, but I am disappointed.
I think it just depends on the roll of the DNA. My armadillos have different talents. Try morphing one with talents you really like. You can improve then greatly that way.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Okay, maybe I am not making myself perfectly clear? So let me try and break this down...

Armadillo Verde used to be soooo overpowered! They were hands down, best pet in the game, but they said that the Armadillo Verde were set as companion and not as pet, so they get this really big nerf.

Now, as compensation of said nerf, the Armadillo Verde were given both Riposte and Relentless to compensate for all of our time farming. Yet, still keeping this pet, the best pet in the game.

Now, after advanced pets goes live, yes, my armadillo still has Riposte 1 and Relentless 1, but the best 3rd talent I got was Pirate! Most got useless 3rd talents, like agility increase? On a strength pet? Hello?

So, what was once the best pet, was nerfed, but still the best pet, to advanced pets, making them now just mediocre?

Other pets, without doing anything, tribal pack pets, bought for crowns, got first strike 2, cheap shot, and repel boarders, which I think is best pet. There are also pets that give us talents, such as Blade Storm, or give us cards, making them cream of the crop....

I just don't like the way, KI has taken all of the time and effort we all spent getting this awesome pet, just for it not to have the same chances of talents being just 1 to 2, so it could have a chance like all others, to get riposte 2 or relentless 2, or other good talents.

Out of all the people that I know that have an Armadillo Verde, Riposte, Relentless, and Pirate is the best possible outcome. Granted, it is not bad, but other pets are now far superior without any effort?

This is once again showing me that it is easier to buy what you want, rather than work hard for it, this is the message I am getting. So, if that is the case, why doesn't KI just make it to where we can buy the talents we want on our pets? Because the money is all in the pet morphing and mega pet snacks, right?