Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Fighting ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 06, 2011
Does anybody have any information on how to attack, or if you can attack the monster heads that come out of the "water" during a battle with another ship? Is it the other ships method of attack? Is it just something that lives in the skies? I'm getting very discouraged when I need to battle certain ships. These creatures appear and start to attack me along with the ship I'm fighting! Then I'm defeated and I wasn't even able to defend myself against the "creature"!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
The creature is what the enemy ship is attacking you with. You fight the actual ship, not the 'spell' they throw at you.

It takes practice to learn how to fight ships efficiently. I have fought well over 1,000 ships, both in groups and solo. Solo takes time to figure out the timing to hit the enemy, plus, when to use your health to be the most effective.

As you move up in ships (getting a better class of ship), go to the lower level enemy ships, like in Skull Island, and practice ship fighting. It will be great experience in learning, instead of fighting equal or more difficult ships.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Hector324054 on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
Does anybody have any information on how to attack, or if you can attack the monster heads that come out of the "water" during a battle with another ship? Is it the other ships method of attack? Is it just something that lives in the skies? I'm getting very discouraged when I need to battle certain ships. These creatures appear and start to attack me along with the ship I'm fighting! Then I'm defeated and I wasn't even able to defend myself against the "creature"!
The "monsters" that you see are the opposing ship's attack. You need to focus your attacks on the ship, not the monsters you see. As you level up your character and your nautical experience you will get stronger attacks and stronger ships to use.

Merciless Mariah Moone (L45 )
Bloody Scarlet Everhart (L22)
Corrupt Cole Chamberlain (L15 )

Community Leader
Those are the opposing ship's special attacks. They are the same thing that you use when you hit the 2 button, so it's a secondary attack for them. Like the players, the enemy ship's secondary attack is on a timer.

In ship combat, there are 4 actions you can take as well as passive action: Primary Attack (cannon based, like a volley of shot), Secondary Attack (magic based, takes the form of a monster head or a crack of lighting/fire/ice), Healing abiltiy, and defensive ability (dodge/accuracy boost). The passive action is your cannons firing intermittently. The enemy ships can do all these things as well.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!