Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Something counterintuitive about shooting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 08, 2011
Why can't you fire a gun across a hole in the deck of a ship?
I can understand not being able to cross it in person, but when neither a player Musketeer nor two Musketeer companions (Bonnie Anne and Louie de Bisque) are able to fire at fish over a hole in the raft deck, something seems weird.

I'd seen this before in the higher worlds, with an enemy ship that had a rectangular hole in the deck as part of its' design, and thought that i was a peculiarity of the vessel. It appears that it was not, being a quirk built into the shipboard combat system, or perhaps even the main combat system.

Community Leader
I may be misreading you, but I think the "hole in the deck" you're referring to is a stand in marker for the mast of the ship. If that's the case, it would make sense that you can't shoot through it.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Sep 06, 2009
If you look and focus on the enemy and your ship, the holes are right where the masts belong, I think they clear the mast out of the screen so you can see and that is why a hole is randomly there, but really if you had every part of the ship on the screen a mast would be there

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I am still not sure what has been done to rangers to offset the fact that they cannot shoot and move at the same time.

:)

Despite this, I look at my Musketeer partner always carrying this magnificent rifle, and I want to play one. :o