Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Grudgehog Spring pets in the Brawlin' Hall

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Good morning, everyone. The spring Brawlin' Hall pets are available now: Grudgehogs. Honest Thomas has them for the introductory low price of 500 scrip.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Mar 21, 2016 wrote:
Good morning, everyone. The spring Brawlin' Hall pets are available now: Grudgehogs. Honest Thomas has them for the introductory low price of 500 scrip.

-Indigo
They come in pretty colors, too.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
And the witchdoctor one gives mojo echo! Finally my pirate will be invincible in pvp!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Very cool. Congrats, piratical505.

Anybody else found any neat abilities?

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Squawk!
or
Yar!
Hey its something people have been asking for!

By the way, please don't feed your grudgehog after midnight, and try to make sure it stays dry.. Those things start to smell funny if they get wet.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Buccaneer one gave.......fleas!!!! Now my crew is the one with the grudge.

Actually I haven't been scrip collecting much, but I have done a few solo arena runs lately and have enough scrip stashed (across a couple pirates) to purchase a couple of those new critters. So I'll get to testing as to what, if any, other new grants they bring in.

As a side note...

In the hopes of getting any new grants that the seasonal PvP pets offer...absolutely do not purchase more than one of any given class of PvP pet. Just buy one, get it to adult and if it doesn't manifest the desired grant, stop training it. Morph it with another lower pedigree pet that only has a couple or even zero Ultra Rare talents -- unless you know and are comfortable with talent orders and tracking the transfer of traits. If the offspring have one extra, Ultra Rare talent after morphing, you know that you successfully transferred the desired grant (providing the PvP pet only has one UR trait to begin with). Get 3-5 of these offspring, with that one or 2 extra UR talents transferred over, and start training them to adult. Excellent chances that the desired grant will show on one of the offspring, by adulthood.

Actually I have never, not successfully transferred the new grant by purchasing only one PvP pet, combined with 3-5 offspring. Gold is way easier to get than scrip. Once the new grant manifests on one of the offspring, it only takes a few morphs (and leveling up) to get that new grant mixed into your higher-max pedigree pet pool.

Or you can do the same with a morphing partner. I just find it easier to know what traits transfer, based off knowing what's in my own pets' gene pool...and yeah, I do document and keep track. Makes it easier to know what you are giving and or getting.

Hopefully this helps some get the desired new traits. I've heard of players buying 5+ pets, with Scrip, in that hunt for that new grant. You only need to by one (or morph with someone's PvP pet) and then go do some fun work.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Sound advice as always, Valkoor. Another option is if you have a friend with the same seasonal PVP pet, bang them together since the eggs will be identical to the parents (even though the offspring will not be the seasonal pet).

The Privateer Grudehog has Grants Bladestorm in its top ultra-rare slot.

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Both my and grudgehogs just hit 20. In both cases they hit the third Power down, an uncommon, in both cases "Entangling Ooze".

-Indigo

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
piratical505 on Mar 23, 2016 wrote:
And the witchdoctor one gives mojo echo! Finally my pirate will be invincible in pvp!
Oh my god yes, time to go buy one today!