Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Should P101 have an equivalent to SK bosses...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
So, Pirates, I have placed up a discussion topic to think about what would it be like to see Pirate101 have an equivalent to the Skeleton Key secret bosses in Wizard101. Would be nice to talk about that while we wait.

Dueling against the amazing Skeleton Key bosses was, & is, our favorite addition to W101, because it reinvigorated our need to battle against secret bosses in there, & let me say, it was wondrous to see it made! Especially earning badges by defeating them in duels & getting their own custom-made unique loot drops!

My excitement & likeness about the SK secret bosses in W101 gave me this thought, "What would it be like for Pirate101 to have an equivalent to that? Wonder what secret treasures would hold to more new secret bosses if we had more, like Lord Mixcoatl? How would we get to them that is like how W101's SK method?".

Last we remember, we had our own hunt in finding a secret boss in P101, & while it was enjoyable, it was none other than Lord Mixcoatl, who was that secret boss. The only things about him, he doesn't have his own dialogue speech before going into combat with him & defeating him, like many in W101, lacking his own custom-made loot drops, & even so, a unique badge by defeating him.

If you're reading this post, Professor Falmea, we still enjoy the SK bosses in W101, & can hardly wait to see more made & added.

KingsIsle really enjoyed our positive reception on them in W101, so, Pirates, let's discuss this, what would it be like if we had P101's equivalent to the Skeleton Key secret bosses?

There's a plethora o' possibilities about how we would see such an equivalent in P101, so, let's think.

My thought to it's equivalent, we'd have to battle against bosses to get chances in obtaining Crystal Keys, those special keys imbedded with powers that unlock Crystal Locks, that hide secret bosses &/or Crystal Treasure Chests containing such loot, including their own loot drops.

There are different kinds o' Crystal Keys & Crystal Locks placed in the game's worlds, & the odds to get them are rare, like the Skeleton Keys. However, clashing against the secret bosses should be solo & team-friendly, yet remain challenging.

In having more new secret bosses, they should have their own rewards, even unique badges by defeating them.

Also, the Crystal Keys & Crystal Locks, while different in kinds & colors, should have level numbers marked on them, to let them know the recommended level prerequisites necessary to defeat them. Can't have lower-level Pirates going against them being a few or many levels short beneath their necessities.

That's my discussion on how the game should have it's equivalent to W101's SK secret bosses.

This, again, is a discussion topic, so should someone else have other ideas to this, please, speak away.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hmm, you asked this before, as I recall. This would be fine, so long as P101 doesn't follow the trend of piling heath and ridiculous cheats on top of the bosses. Anyway SK bosses are like secret bosses only you need a key to enter their lair, of course sometimes, a boss isn't there guarding a chest.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Mar 13, 2016 wrote:
Hmm, you asked this before, as I recall. This would be fine, so long as P101 doesn't follow the trend of piling heath and ridiculous cheats on top of the bosses. Anyway SK bosses are like secret bosses only you need a key to enter their lair, of course sometimes, a boss isn't there guarding a chest.
Yeah. I guess I did. Well, this time, I've placed in a different spin so it would be more of a suitable equivalent to W101's SK bosses. I do agree that the piling health & ridiculous cheats trend shouldn't be carried on. I did say they should be solo & team-friendly yet remain challenging enough so facing them may be enjoyable.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I almost forgot this... as with that, there should also be Crystal Key Chest Chambers in dungeons that only shows a Crystal Key Chest, giving Pirates loads o' loot, akin to W101's Stone Key Chest Rooms that give out rewards.

I do like to see the equivalent of W101's SK bosses, though, I would like to have the equivalent of W101's SK Chest rooms placed in, too, with the chances that Pirates get actual treasures in them, like how they got them from booster packs.

Wouldn't that make loot searching interesting, hmm?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
I almost forgot this... as with that, there should also be Crystal Key Chest Chambers in dungeons that only shows a Crystal Key Chest, giving Pirates loads o' loot, akin to W101's Stone Key Chest Rooms that give out rewards.

I do like to see the equivalent of W101's SK bosses, though, I would like to have the equivalent of W101's SK Chest rooms placed in, too, with the chances that Pirates get actual treasures in them, like how they got them from booster packs.

Wouldn't that make loot searching interesting, hmm?
And making team-ups more popular.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 5, 2016 wrote:
And making team-ups more popular.
That would also be neat to have.