Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PLEASE improve this companion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Ahh, Class companions... Lets admit, this is one of the greatest things that has happened to you. You have Peter Quint, Chantal Livingstone, etc. The companions that turn the tide in any fight. You got Peter Quint: The "relentless' attacker, Chantal Livingstone: The attacker from afar, The Marchioness: Critical Queen, Fan Flanders: The Slimy Assassin. But Carcarius Grimtooth... Ooooh, but Carcarius Grimtooth: The overlord of Fizzling... Ok, I am being perfectly honest here... But Grimtooth is the WORST companion I ever received... Ok, so here is him in a Nutshell. He lands a hit... Occasionally... Then, he prepares to land a Mojo Echo... Utter Failiure... I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then Grimtooth landing 3 straight Mojo Echos without a single fizzle. Whats WORSE is that he can't even learn Jubo's rise! So pretty much he needs to use the little luck he has to land a hit, and trust me, Although you would expect him to improve when he promotes, he doesn't... For the love of Zeus Thunderlord, please KI, improve Carcarius Grimtooth! Old Scratch has a better chance of landing a hit... PLEASE, give him the ability to learn Jubo's rise or even better: Allow him to actually land a hit easier... Grimtooth has a lot of potential... I know he can be a huge threat if he were to be improved... Please improve this character... Thats all I ask... See you in the Spiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
Ahh, Class companions... Lets admit, this is one of the greatest things that has happened to you. You have Peter Quint, Chantal Livingstone, etc. The companions that turn the tide in any fight. You got Peter Quint: The "relentless' attacker, Chantal Livingstone: The attacker from afar, The Marchioness: Critical Queen, Fan Flanders: The Slimy Assassin. But Carcarius Grimtooth... Ooooh, but Carcarius Grimtooth: The overlord of Fizzling... Ok, I am being perfectly honest here... But Grimtooth is the WORST companion I ever received... Ok, so here is him in a Nutshell. He lands a hit... Occasionally... Then, he prepares to land a Mojo Echo... Utter Failiure... I have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then Grimtooth landing 3 straight Mojo Echos without a single fizzle. Whats WORSE is that he can't even learn Jubo's rise! So pretty much he needs to use the little luck he has to land a hit, and trust me, Although you would expect him to improve when he promotes, he doesn't... For the love of Zeus Thunderlord, please KI, improve Carcarius Grimtooth! Old Scratch has a better chance of landing a hit... PLEASE, give him the ability to learn Jubo's rise or even better: Allow him to actually land a hit easier... Grimtooth has a lot of potential... I know he can be a huge threat if he were to be improved... Please improve this character... Thats all I ask... See you in the Spiral
Really, I have no problems with Carcarius. Max level and trained to max out will and spooky. ( he has even got 3 critical 'readied spells' for me! ) May fizzle once in an entire battle, better odds than Old Scratch.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
All witchdoctors seem to have the fizzle problem or missing. Try increasing his accuracy and he should do better. Another way is to use El Toro to increase the accuracy of the whole party.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
The Helpful Pirate on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
All witchdoctors seem to have the fizzle problem or missing. Try increasing his accuracy and he should do better. Another way is to use El Toro to increase the accuracy of the whole party.
The problem with that is I can't raise his accuracy... Unless if I used El Toro as you suggested. Other than that, there is no increase accuracy talent that I can raise for Grimtooth sadly. I promoted him to his last their a few days ago and he seemed to have not changed at all, still fizzling like he use too. ESPECIALLY when he tries to pull of a mojo echo. Some other peoples Carcarius Grimtooth's seem to be better then mine (they fizzle less often) so I really don't know why I am having problems with him... See you in the Spiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
The problem with that is I can't raise his accuracy... Unless if I used El Toro as you suggested. Other than that, there is no increase accuracy talent that I can raise for Grimtooth sadly. I promoted him to his last their a few days ago and he seemed to have not changed at all, still fizzling like he use too. ESPECIALLY when he tries to pull of a mojo echo. Some other peoples Carcarius Grimtooth's seem to be better then mine (they fizzle less often) so I really don't know why I am having problems with him... See you in the Spiral
Do you use his will boost, and do you then use Greater Juju? This helps.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2013
Yes I agree, I mean we have a disadvantage, usually when a Attacks they either miss or fizzle, while the other classes only miss.and yes caracuss needs to be fixed so he fizzles less, and have another epic.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
It's based on luck when recruiting Caracrius Girmtooth, sure he fizzle a lot initially but his accuracy get better as he level up,belive i or not once he reached tier 2 he fizzles less based on my experience.I also noticed Old Scratch fizzle less since the update. Train him well in other words,he is a good companion.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2014 wrote:
Do you use his will boost, and do you then use Greater Juju? This helps.
Yes, I gave him a lot of will . Still didn't do anything positive however