Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How come some comps. dont get extra epics?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Just what the title says. Now I'm not talking about companions that can promote (though some of them apply to this to a lesser extent), I'm talking mostly about companions that can't promote like the batacuda and crab hermit for example. Now normally when you first recruit a companion you're given the option to train at least 1 extra epic on them, however for some like the 2 that I mentioned above, this doesn't happen.

I was wondering why is this so, as I don't see the point in not allowing these certain select few companions not able to train at least 1 extra epic in addition to one(s) that they come with. Thanks in advance.

Community Leader
I do recall Ratbeard mentioning that main line companions that take part in the story will get more promotions, abilities, etc, than others.

Also it appears they want to emphasize certain companions along the way.

They'd have to give my Batacuda companion 2-3 more epic talents to get the zzZZZZ off of him.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV