Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Scylla Spawns Armies

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I was just farming Scylla today, average fight, the heads were difficult, not to difficult, but I got to the part where Scylla spawns the crab guys on deck. I have beaten Scylla before, so I expected five crabs, each at moderate difficulty. when the fight started, it was me and my two companions, Against TWELVE SCYLLA SPAWNS!! at first I though, oh, KI changed it to a bunch of easy enemies instead of a couple hard ones. But they each have over three thousand health, and deal about three hundred damage every hit. This has to be fixed soon.

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Elemutation on Jun 20, 2013 wrote:
I was just farming Scylla today, average fight, the heads were difficult, not to difficult, but I got to the part where Scylla spawns the crab guys on deck. I have beaten Scylla before, so I expected five crabs, each at moderate difficulty. when the fight started, it was me and my two companions, Against TWELVE SCYLLA SPAWNS!! at first I though, oh, KI changed it to a bunch of easy enemies instead of a couple hard ones. But they each have over three thousand health, and deal about three hundred damage every hit. This has to be fixed soon.
The trick to this is that your pirate must, every once and a while, press TAB to go onto the deck to get rid of the Scylla Spawn Tokens. Not a glitch, just bad luck.

Happy Questing! Lvl 65

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
There is spawn tokens on deck that need to be removed before entering that part of the fight other wise you will gain all them crabs in battle

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Did you back up away from the Scylla, hit the tab key so you could go onto deck and CLEAR the Scylla (yellow Gobbler looking) tokens BEFORE you headed into the Scylla cloud for the Scylla Spawn fight first?

If you went directly from killing the heads of the Scylla and straight into the Scylla Spawn fight then you most definitely will have extra Scylla Spawn. They will have appeared from any tokens that were left behind (as well as any obstacles, traps, & fire hazards).

~SM~

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Oh, I thought it was supposed to be that way. Certainly made the fight interesting ! It took me a couple of tries but AoE attacks were very useful, as well as many of the swashbuckler specialties (hide in shadows -- multiple times, sometimes just to wait and heal as over-time attacks took their toll; all the poisons, shadowdance, etc.) It was a bit challenging, but not bad... being able to chose your companions might have been useful (I think Old Scratch could have come in mighty handy in that fight, if I could protect him sufficiently...)

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
SorceressMiklai on Jun 21, 2013 wrote:
Did you back up away from the Scylla, hit the tab key so you could go onto deck and CLEAR the Scylla (yellow Gobbler looking) tokens BEFORE you headed into the Scylla cloud for the Scylla Spawn fight first?

If you went directly from killing the heads of the Scylla and straight into the Scylla Spawn fight then you most definitely will have extra Scylla Spawn. They will have appeared from any tokens that were left behind (as well as any obstacles, traps, & fire hazards).

~SM~
oohh, that's what the trick is. now I can continue my xp farming. I do think that it makes the fight more interesting, but your companions should probably hint towards getting rid of the traps, cause I normally don't take the time to get rid of the tokens, and there was no indication that I should start now.

Thx for the help guys!!