Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remove bedrest

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
For those of you that do not know what bedrest is. It is a feature added sometime in 2014 that after your companions die. You have to wait for them to revive. So, when you get high level. The times start to get a bit ridiculous. Like 5 hours. You can go to a guy in skull island and revive them for gold. But they will cost you a lot. It is the most hard in dungeons like Troy. Which I had to find a guy to help me with. But I am glad they don't make it so after PVP you have to revive them.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
darkmoordude on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
For those of you that do not know what bedrest is. It is a feature added sometime in 2014 that after your companions die. You have to wait for them to revive. So, when you get high level. The times start to get a bit ridiculous. Like 5 hours. You can go to a guy in skull island and revive them for gold. But they will cost you a lot. It is the most hard in dungeons like Troy. Which I had to find a guy to help me with. But I am glad they don't make it so after PVP you have to revive them.
This debate has been a constant since Advanced Companions were introduced. Bed Rest is the trade off for being able to order your crew how you want them instead of the former randomized selection. Players who want to use a particular set of companions the whole game through are finding it more difficult for a reason.

By the time you reach Aquila, you have at least one full page, if not two or more pages, of companions to choose from. What is the point of giving us these large crews if we could go through the game with only three or four individuals? If your favorites end up defeated, there are others who can take their place. Also, you could train your favorites with the Scrapper talent, which cuts the bed rest time (but not the Miracle price - that is fixed by companion level).

Using the wrong companions for the battle should have consequences like bed rest. If your companions are getting defeated, they were probably not wise choices for those particular enemies (or just a run of bad luck) and another companion can succeed if you give them a chance.

Really... they do.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
I have liked this feature from the time it was installed, it adds a "real life" dimension to our game play. Before players were using their companions like tissues, with no consequences to poor or lazy tactics.
BTW, your companions don't die, they are incapacitated and unable to continue fighting.
You have three options to deal with this: let them rest and use another companion instead, wake them up but they will have less health, or visit Miracle Mitch to revive them fully.
There is also a fourth option that I advocate - train them in the "Scrapper" talent, you'll get them back faster.
On using another companion, please don't just train and level/promote "favorites", have at least two back up teams ready to step in should the worst happen.
It seems that we get this kind of post every three months, as players hit the higher levels in the game.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
This is a difficult topic to talk about weather or not remove bed rest.

Sure we can go back to the fountain and revive our companion fully,this is in fact a good idea. Since our unused/underused companions have a task to do,while our top companions in the frist 3 rows are helping our captain, that's our main character.There is one little issue,Miracle Mitch would be out of business and he would feel bad.

Here is a solution to shorten bed rest, use scrappy.This ability help shorten bed rest, however our companion have to pay a penalty, to have to sacrifice speed,will etc., for faster recovery similar to other special talents.

Solution 2 visit Miracle Mitch for full recovery, however he cost a lot of gold.

Solution 3 use the rest button to improve your companion stats see what is lacking, like will,dodge etc. I know that cost crowns, a great game need to be founded. See the pirate life for specific class,for more help.

There is no perfect solution, each have it's advantage and disadvantage.

In my opinon keep bed rest, gold is plenty in the pirate universe and there is always for improvement for our companions.Maybe the crab hermit may have his shining moment, someday.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
This is a difficult topic to talk about weather or not remove bed rest.

Sure we can go back to the fountain and revive our companion fully,this is in fact a good idea. Since our unused/underused companions have a task to do,while our top companions in the frist 3 rows are helping our captain, that's our main character.There is one little issue,Miracle Mitch would be out of business and he would feel bad.

Here is a solution to shorten bed rest, use scrappy.This ability help shorten bed rest, however our companion have to pay a penalty, to have to sacrifice speed,will etc., for faster recovery similar to other special talents.

Solution 2 visit Miracle Mitch for full recovery, however he cost a lot of gold.

Solution 3 use the rest button to improve your companion stats see what is lacking, like will,dodge etc. I know that cost crowns, a great game need to be founded. See the pirate life for specific class,for more help.

There is no perfect solution, each have it's advantage and disadvantage.

In my opinon keep bed rest, gold is plenty in the pirate universe and there is always for improvement for our companions.Maybe the crab hermit may have his shining moment, someday.
You can only get scrapper once

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
darkmoordude on Feb 25, 2016 wrote:
I believe Rank 2 becomes available at Level 20, and Rank 3 at Level 60.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
No you can train them in two ranks of Scrapper.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Depends on the companion, doesn't it? And the companion's level?

I like bed rest. I like that I have real consequences for letting my crew members soak up damage to protect my WD or muskie (the rest of my pirates wade into the fray and soak up as much damage as the crew does). It forces me to play more strategically.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Still, I wouldn't mind it if the companion dying times weren't so high. Like again. I don't want to wait 5 hours for a companion to revive.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on Feb 26, 2016 wrote:
Still, I wouldn't mind it if the companion dying times weren't so high. Like again. I don't want to wait 5 hours for a companion to revive.
1) If your companions are "always" being defeated ( not dying ) then you should look at how you're using them ( and who you are using ).
2 ) These aren't your only companions, you know. A privateer gets the most companions in the game, so why don't you give your favorites a rest and use someone else for a change?
3 ) As a privateer, are you even trying to buff/shield/heal your companions so that they don't end up on bed rest?
If you don't want to wait 5 hrs. then help your companions.