Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tonka's voice changed after Bison Hero promotion?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
On my Privateer Pirate, I promoted Tonka to Bison Hero, but I find that Tonka's voice somehow changed to one o' the Bison companion's voices, instead of retaining his own voice clips between paid promotions. This is just odd.

Nevertheless, I ask that this should be fixed so Tonka should retain his own voice after being promoted to his recent tier, Bison Hero. Could you do please do this, KI?

Thanks!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Feb 13, 2016 wrote:
On my Privateer Pirate, I promoted Tonka to Bison Hero, but I find that Tonka's voice somehow changed to one o' the Bison companion's voices, instead of retaining his own voice clips between paid promotions. This is just odd.

Nevertheless, I ask that this should be fixed so Tonka should retain his own voice after being promoted to his recent tier, Bison Hero. Could you do please do this, KI?

Thanks!
Maybe the voice actor is unavailable? Maybe your speakers are not the best or you are plain just hearing wrong, try going back on your privateer again and listening to Tonka

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
Maybe the voice actor is unavailable? Maybe your speakers are not the best or you are plain just hearing wrong, try going back on your privateer again and listening to Tonka
I definitely heard Tonka's voice on his 1st 2 promotion tiers, & he still sounded the same before I promoted him to Bison Hero. It's obvious that his voice clips were swapped out to another Bison companion's voice upon promoting him to his latest tier. It's not all that. I heard it perfectly with no problems.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
I definitely heard Tonka's voice on his 1st 2 promotion tiers, & he still sounded the same before I promoted him to Bison Hero. It's obvious that his voice clips were swapped out to another Bison companion's voice upon promoting him to his latest tier. It's not all that. I heard it perfectly with no problems.
Well than I really don't know what else to say, I'm getting Tonka on my privateer soon so I will listen to how he sounds, if this is true it's sort of dissapointing ruining the uniqueness of this great companion

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Talk about continuity nightmares!!

I've always thought the voice-overs are probably one of the more difficult, time-consuming parts of creating content for the game. If the original actor isn't available when new dialogue needed to be recorded, they have to do their best to match up. As I recall, Old Banyon in the Dark Jungle had two very different voices there for a while until it could be re-recorded by the new actor.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Feb 17, 2016 wrote:
Talk about continuity nightmares!!

I've always thought the voice-overs are probably one of the more difficult, time-consuming parts of creating content for the game. If the original actor isn't available when new dialogue needed to be recorded, they have to do their best to match up. As I recall, Old Banyon in the Dark Jungle had two very different voices there for a while until it could be re-recorded by the new actor.
It's only related to the on-select voiceover clips, not continuity nightmares, you know. I think that may not be limited. It may occur during combat, though, I may try it out, just to be sure. Nice reminder about Old Banyon, though. Must be from about the beta days, I presume, or post-launch?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:
It's only related to the on-select voiceover clips, not continuity nightmares, you know. I think that may not be limited. It may occur during combat, though, I may try it out, just to be sure. Nice reminder about Old Banyon, though. Must be from about the beta days, I presume, or post-launch?
If my memory serves me correctly I do remember this being around the time Marleybone and Aquila were released

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
If my memory serves me correctly I do remember this being around the time Marleybone and Aquila were released
Good memory.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
Good memory.
Well you are not the first people to say that, but great long term memory comes with horrible shor term memory

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
Well you are not the first people to say that, but great long term memory comes with horrible shor term memory
That's the ups & downs of long & short-term memories.