Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stitching!?! or Merging!?! Suggesting!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
Is Stitching really something you want to spend crowns on, especially for those with membership? I for one feel that this should be something that you spend gold on, or at least for those with a membership.
If you want to set up something to apply crowns for upgrading current equipment, how about a complete Merging system. Hopefully there are others to agree to this idea. I was thinking that we should be able to Merge two different items with stats and talents attached to them together. To prevent it from becoming too overpowering, there could be simple rules that apply to it. Such as: If the two carry the same affects like range, base damage, or adds to stats... Simply set it to only take on the highest of each setting for the newly created item. For talents, it could be set to and new talents to it, but not stack the same talents on the same item, unless for some unusually event one carries a higher rank of that talent. Just as everyone is so eager to get their pets now days with more gifting talents, more people will be more eager to create a perfect equipment to fit all their needs. This should also create more of a reason for people to go back to areas to farm for certain items, allowing it to be easier to find someone to partner up for dungeons in the lower levels.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
mparks08 on Feb 12, 2016 wrote:
Is Stitching really something you want to spend crowns on, especially for those with membership? I for one feel that this should be something that you spend gold on, or at least for those with a membership.
If you want to set up something to apply crowns for upgrading current equipment, how about a complete Merging system. Hopefully there are others to agree to this idea. I was thinking that we should be able to Merge two different items with stats and talents attached to them together. To prevent it from becoming too overpowering, there could be simple rules that apply to it. Such as: If the two carry the same affects like range, base damage, or adds to stats... Simply set it to only take on the highest of each setting for the newly created item. For talents, it could be set to and new talents to it, but not stack the same talents on the same item, unless for some unusually event one carries a higher rank of that talent. Just as everyone is so eager to get their pets now days with more gifting talents, more people will be more eager to create a perfect equipment to fit all their needs. This should also create more of a reason for people to go back to areas to farm for certain items, allowing it to be easier to find someone to partner up for dungeons in the lower levels.
agreed as far as we need another form, a secondary form of stitching.. in my post on it i called it "melding" and suggested a blacksmith npc.. it was brought to my attention then that it might seem too "op" but like you suggested, with proper restrictions it wont be, and i believe it'll help us better personalize our characters and also help kids to do real math.. educational value is good.. they have to envision the end products stats before they can go out and farm for proper materials..
stormy jen silver

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Gold or crowns....whatever works. Hopefully someday in the game stitching ships and equipment will be nice for many. Including myself. I dont like a lot of the ships. I would take the ship I like for my pirate and stitch it as I level up!!! Now their is a great idea!! For me personally I dont like having to change ships just because you go to a different world. Maybe for some of you...both should be an option.