Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hmm..Baar (booster packs) ?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 06, 2015
Hey, guys!

Lately, I've been trying my luck in the grizzly booster packs but it seems that the chance of getting one is almost nonexistent. So, is there a companion that could actually beat him? I mean he is ridiculously powerful with these 6 epics and powers. I guess I'm going to give up my search for that beast. I might try it again "if or when" they do another pack sale. How about crown shop companions? I know they will not be on par with that beast but are there any companions that are somewhat close?

I'd like to hear your recommendations and opinions, guys.

Thanks in advance :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Beso4ever on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Hey, guys!

Lately, I've been trying my luck in the grizzly booster packs but it seems that the chance of getting one is almost nonexistent. So, is there a companion that could actually beat him? I mean he is ridiculously powerful with these 6 epics and powers. I guess I'm going to give up my search for that beast. I might try it again "if or when" they do another pack sale. How about crown shop companions? I know they will not be on par with that beast but are there any companions that are somewhat close?

Unleash Goronado on him.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
He may be strong, but he is beatable. While doing the Tower, Baar died from the Corrupted Samoorai.

Ensign
Jul 06, 2015
@anecorbie
What are the best powers for Goronado? and how many epics does he have?

@CaptainBlackWolf
Oh really? But how much did it take you to get him? I really want to try my luck once more but It may be too long till they do another sale on packs.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
@anecorbie

@CaptainBlackWolf
Oh really? But how much did it take you to get him? I really want to try my luck once more but It may be too long till they do another sale on packs.
I don't know, I don't have Goro, but I've seen him in action and many players seem to have given him Relentless rank 3.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
@anecorbie

@CaptainBlackWolf
I don't have him (I'd got Khord), it was someone else's.
When it was the 101 day sale, I used my 10000 crowns 9th grizzly beast backs. When I had about 900 left, I'd finally gotten a bear, Khord. He's a very good Witch doctor, and his bloodsucker ability comes in handy.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The bears are all nice, but are not necessarily more so than some of the other top tier companions. Nausica is at least as powerful as the bears (and aztecosaurs) I have... she just doesn't always get the hang of that whole concentrate-on-one-enemy-at-a-time thing. If you are running a privateer, I think Hoodoo Cornelius is the single most powerful companion (with other classes, Hoodoo is less impressive, although still competent).

-Indigo

Ensign
Jul 06, 2015
@CaptainBlackWolf
Aha, cool. I think it would be better to save my crowns for another sale. But, is it possible for KI to do another sale like the 101 one, once more? Unfortunately, I missed that one. :/

@Indigo
That's a good thing to hear! How about crown shop companions, is there any companion I should be looking for (a good one for musketeers)? I think it may be a while till I get the empire bundle.

@Anecorbie
I see, thanks! I'll definitely keep my eye on him. Well, I haven't unlocked him, yet, anyways :P

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Hey, guys!

Baar is terrific (his weasel wardances get better as he promotes; at 65 he has three of 'em). But you know, even the other bears are just as good (if not as much fun to watch). In terms of the card/bundle companions, Nausica has a bit of a glass jaw on top of her ADD; Hoodoo will kill himself if you don't get some sort of damage protection on him before he goes bananas; Handsome Dan doesn't do as much damage as I'd like... I can't speak for the tribal crew guys as I only ever managed to snag two, but they seem just as competitive as the bears and the card crews.

Every companion has his or her strengths and weaknesses. My preference is to have companions that are not the same class as my pirate, but other people seem to love having all privateers or whatever. You work with the companion skills you have available to you and any of those companions (with the exception of the beasts who don't promote and witchdoctors, who couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag with a flamestrike and a can of gunpowder, they're so inaccurate) could be just as good as, if not better than, Baar.

Except the weasel wardance. Nothing is as delightful as watching that weasel wardance.