Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't Open Group Plunder Chests in Spirit World

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
5/19 2:55 pm PDT. While on the quest “One Foot Through the Door”, I came across a Four-Lock Group Plunder Chest in the Spirit World after defeating Dark Crawler. When I tried to get help opening it, one of my friends said that she couldn't because the zone was full. That did not make sense to me because I was the only Pirate there!! PLEASE do not allow Group Plunder Chests to appear when they have no chance of being opened due to not enough Pirates. Was the problem that we needed to be in a Group? If so, a warning message about needing Group status would be appreciated since there was no warning when I entered the Spirit World through the Shadow Door. This also happened again with my other Pirate, Ethan Leech on 5/31 1:19 am PDT. This time there weren't enough Pirates to try it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Helpful Pirate on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
5/19 2:55 pm PDT. While on the quest “One Foot Through the Door”, I came across a Four-Lock Group Plunder Chest in the Spirit World after defeating Dark Crawler. When I tried to get help opening it, one of my friends said that she couldn't because the zone was full. That did not make sense to me because I was the only Pirate there!! PLEASE do not allow Group Plunder Chests to appear when they have no chance of being opened due to not enough Pirates. Was the problem that we needed to be in a Group? If so, a warning message about needing Group status would be appreciated since there was no warning when I entered the Spirit World through the Shadow Door. This also happened again with my other Pirate, Ethan Leech on 5/31 1:19 am PDT. This time there weren't enough Pirates to try it.
I had this happen to me in Scrooge's house; I found a two lock GPC. I when I asked a friend to help open it, they couldn't port in. We overcame the problem by grouping. In the future, if you find any more GPCs in a promotion instance, grouping should solve the problem.
I agree that a warning would help others.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
There doesn't seem to be any way for the Group Plunder Chests (GPC) that are found in the Spirit World to be opened. Other Pirates cannot see the Shadow Door when the Doom Shards are buried (or planted) and, when they join a Group with me, they cannot teleport to me when I am in the Spirit World. This makes it impossible to open any GPCs found in the Spirit World. Please, PLEASE, do not place GPCs (or regular Treasure Chests, for that matter) where they CANNOT be opened.

If I am in error, please correct me.